What to do about Judge

Bahama O's Fan

I would like to see the O's try to sign him this offseason.  Would see if overpaying for a shorter contract would work.  He might be the most recognizable star in mlb.  Something like 5 years/$200 million.  Hays, Mullins, Judge would be the best outfield in the majors.  I know people are going to say Soto is better, but the O's don't have to trade 1/2 their farm system for Judge.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would like to see the O's try to sign him this offseason.  Would see if overpaying for a shorter contract would work.  He might be the most recognizable star in mlb.  Something like 5 years/$200 million.  Hays, Mullins, Judge would be the best outfield in the majors.  I know people are going to say Soto is better, but the O's don't have to trade 1/2 their farm system for Judge.

Not sure if Judge would go for anything less than $300mm guaranteed, but if we were to somehow to sign Judge our outfield would be epic.

33 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Not sure if Judge would go for anything less than $300mm guaranteed, but if we were to somehow to sign Judge our outfield would be epic.

We could have a Judge bobblehead giveaway for all the butthurt Yankees fans.  Hopefully Judge would dominate the Yankees the way he has dominated the Oriole. 

7 hours ago, LA2 said:

On the other hand, it may ultimately be more important to learn from when we did get Judge out last night. Baker threw him seven 98-100 mph four-seamers and then got him on a very good 89.4 mph cutter below the strike zone.

Also, Stanton went 0-4 with 3 Ks.

Stanton was not in the startihg lineup.  

Can't keep throwing meatballs on inner half, he can be pitched to, other teams do it. All three of those pitches he hit for homers where in a similar area, in and belt high. Bad pitching, the starters have hit a bad patch, hitters won't keep battling back.