That's discipline.

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, byrdz said:

What’s the hurry to trade Santander? I guess everyone should be available. But just wondering why his name keeps coming up.

Because he’s healthy and performing (that combo has been very rare for him) and we have a slew of OF prospects, one of which is ready yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

They shipped Lopez out for basically 4 projects that hints more trades could be coming.

I agree - no way to know if this is true, and I'm sure they don't think this way in the FO, but it feels like a trade you make when you know you're making more trades. If you know what I mean. 

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Tip of the cap to Mike Elias for sticking to his plan and not letting pollyanna fans think that this is a year they should be going "all in" in an attempt to get a third wild card berth. 

Good to know we've got a GM who's not resting until his plan is complete.  That's discipline and not chasing shiny objects.  Any fans who are pissed off about this will most likely forget how they felt in early August 2022 in a year or so when there's a legit contender on the field.  

Mike, if you're reading, now trade Santander, too.  Keep it going.

This is exactly right.  It'll be even more frustrating for many when I suspect next year will also not be "all in" to get a playoff spot.  I suspect next year is going to be all about seeing what they have - lots of ABs for prospects at the expense of W/L record in 2023.  I see the offseason after the 2023 season as when moves are made to optimize W/L record in 2024 and beyond.  That is when I think this team starts going all-in.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Arms don’t mean much if they aren’t quality.

You don’t know much about the FCL guys, I assume, but the two from Tampa and the two known from Minn are quality for sure. Will they develop is anyone’s guess, but they’re quality guys to work with.

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

You don’t know much about the FCL guys, I assume, but the two from Tampa and the two known from Minn are quality for sure. Will they develop is anyone’s guess, but they’re quality guys to work with.

They are fine..you could always get arms like them.  They are readily available in deals.  Every team has them.

26 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't think there's any reason for fans to forget chasing the wild card. We put up 7 runs last night without Trey and with Odor and McKenna in the lineup. Mullins and Mountcastle finally broke out a bit. The bullpen is still very strong. Not a whole lot has changed honestly. Next man up. People have no problem saying this re: the Ravens. The O's finally have some prospects worthy of being the next man up. 

Not to knock Trey, but look how Vavra's speed played up into an infield single and then scored with speed. This kind of tradeoff is still winning baseball. 

• Upvote 1