A lot of Elias notes/quotes

interloper

1 minute ago, interloper said:

The way I see it is it's Elias' way of acknowledging to anxious fans that he hasn't forgotten about DL Hall, and maybe a way to create some positivity out of his recent struggles. If I were Hall, I'd like to hear this from my GM. Just being a fan it has given me a boost to hear it, so maybe it will do Hall some good. As for making that public, again, I think that's purely so the fans know Hall is squarely in their plans still. 

I agree, everything you posted is good news and way better than hearing nothing, for both fans and the players. After Halls last couple starts, I’ve sort of counted him out of any 2022 plans. He seems to have lost momentum and only about 30 innings away from being shut down anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you think Hall is in anyway lacking in confidence you're mistaken.

He's fine.

Huh? I'm not saying that. I'm just saying I personally like that Elias reached out to him. Hall is free to roll his eyes at it or take nothing from it, etc. 

28 minutes ago, interloper said:

Things you love to see from the GM:

1. Flying down to personally meet with the core of the team and reassure them
  2. Calling DL Hall to personally tell him they're counting on him. I'm sure that was a much-needed boost for him.
  3. Not just shutting down Grayson for the season.
  4. Outright telling us he wants to sign people this winter.
  5. Outright telling us they tried to add MLers at the deadline but just couldn't get it done. 

Whether you buy this stuff will be your opinion, but for me I really like to see this kind of stuff. I like the personal outreach to players and I like the transparency to fans. 

I haven't been crazy about their approach to playing prospects this season, but it doesn't mean I think they're screwing anything up (other than Brett Phillips lol). 

These series of tweets really boosted my mood about things, I have to say. 

Well it will depend on who he signs. I wonder what he said about Odor and Chirinos. Signing more bargain guys won’t be a positive. Lyles actually turned out well but we added a 4th starter when we didn’t have a 1, 2, or 3.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Well it will depend on who he signs. I wonder what he said about Odor and Chirinos. Signing more bargain guys won’t be a positive. Lyles actually turned out well but we added a 4th starter when we didn’t have a 1, 2, or 3.

For sure. 

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you think Hall is in anyway lacking in confidence you're mistaken.

He's fine.

I'm worried about him feeling like he's entitled to be in Baltimore which could be leading to his horrendous performance since the all-star break. Of course I don't know that this is the case but, if it is, it's a huge red flag. 

Edited by vab

1 minute ago, vab said:

I'm worried about him feeling like he's entitled to be in Baltimore which could be leading to his horrendous performance since the all-star break. Of course I don't that this is the case but, if it is, it's a huge red flag. 

He should be in Baltimore.

I doubt it's effecting his performance.

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

And as much as I like almost all of these quotes, I hate this one:

What else do you need to see? If it's just about roster space, just say that. 

There’s no room for Stowers on the roster at the moment. No point for him to come up and not play everyday. The only path for ABs for him in an injury or if we cut bait with Odor and Vavra is the 2B. 

Hopefully, we sweep one for the Gipper today while TB and Tor are beating up on each other. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There’s no room for Stowers on the roster at the moment. No point for him to come up and not play everyday. The only path for ABs for him in an injury or if we cut bait with Odor and Vavra is the 2B. 

Hopefully, we sweep one for the Gipper today while TB and Tor are beating up on each other. 

Yes there is...very easily