It's time to play the players of the future

casadeozo

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I can’t imagine anyone here disagreeing with the sentiment of the OP. But there is zero chance Odor gets released and zero reason to do so.  Hopefully he gets less playing  time but I don’t think that’s going to happen either, until they are mathematically eliminated 

I don't think Odor should be released, he just should not be starting any more or at least rarely.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Stowers needs experience and he needs to know he's going to be in the lineup everyday. Vavra i have more questions about with limited power and defensive questions.

The O’s seem to have very little confidence in Vavra’s defense. Why not Ortiz for Vavra and let him play 2nd/Ss. He needs to be added to the 40 man this year anyway.

Chances are Vavra isn't an every day player especially given the other infield prospects rising through the system, but he should be playing daily now that the wildcard is a distant possibility. 

Now is the time to evaluate players of the future and it would interest me more as a fan over seeing retread players continuing to get playing time. 

6 minutes ago, mlrhode said:

The O’s seem to have very little confidence in Vavra’s defense. Why not Ortiz for Vavra and let him play 2nd/Ss. He needs to be added to the 40 man this year anyway.

It's a good question. Ortiz will need to be added to the 40-man this offseason and the way he's been playing, why not? I'd rather he be getting some PAs and playing 2B than Odor or probably even Vavra due to his lack of arm at 2B.

23 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I can’t imagine anyone here disagreeing with the sentiment of the OP. But there is zero chance Odor gets released and zero reason to do so.  Hopefully he gets less playing  time but I don’t think that’s going to happen either, until they are mathematically eliminated 

I agree. Odor needs to stay through the end of the season, even if he spends most of his time on the bench. His enthusiasm & passion for the game has to be helpful to the young guys on the team. Same with Chirinos.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I agree.  Now that the dream is dead we need to play our guys that might be of use next year.   We all know Odor likely will be out of baseball next year.   Jesus might be finished as well.   Why burden us with them now?

While I believe that Odor should finish out the season, Aguilar needs to be DFA'd immediately. He has provided absolutely nothing positive to the team.

• Upvote 1