Hyde refuses to let Stowers start 3 games in a row, goes with Aguilar

Tony-OH

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No.

Look at Gunnar.

They already made sure Gunnar will stay a rookie. They can basically play him the rest of the year and he'll still be under the eligibility. Stowers will have more than 45 games on a major league roster so he will not be a rookie no matter what his PAs say.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Ok, this Aguilar thing is out of control. Unless Stowers is hurt, there is no reason for him to be out of the lineup against right-hander (or left-hander for that matter) to play Jesus Aguilar.

These are the things that make me question whether Hyde is the manager of the future here. This team is going to have a lot of rookies coming up, and we can't have a manager who loves veterans.

Now because I said this Aguilar will hit two bombs tonight, but I'm sorry, Stowers should not be sitting to play a guy who has nothing to do with our future and should have nothing to do with a present.

Did I miss something about Stowers tweaking something or this just a case where Hyde realized he accidently started Stowers two games in a row and rectified that tonight against a right-hander?

This 1000x.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• These guys are who they are, by and large.  Mounty, big swing and miss guy.  Tony swings a lot, misses a lot.  Chases everything at the letters or higher.  Cowser swings and misses at almost everything.  Adley, I'm hoping this isn't who he is but he's been absolutely awful for months.  All of these guys swing and miss too much and don't walk enough.   The "players manager" term only gets thrown around for when someone's unhappy with the manager.  It's code for "he's soft on the players." Find me one fire and brimstone, old school, hardass manager in the game right now.  They don't exist anymore.  They're all "players managers."    
    • Never would have thought he would be the only player to show up at the plate. 3-7 homerun today double off the wall yesterday. Will he be on the team next season? I don't know his contract status.
    • If Matt Borgschulte, Ryan Fuller, and Cody Asche have jobs in the morning, Elias should be called on the carpet by Rubenstein. At the very least they need to go. 
    • It’s simple. A team full of may-be’s and never-were’s is not a championship team. The only bona-fides star on this team is Burnes, and the only star in the making is Henderson. That’s just not enough. You need some people whom the others can look to in these big moments.
    • Absolutely.  The Rays get back their top 3 starters next year. The Sox are on our heels and have 4 top 25 prospects with $$$. The NYY are the Yankees. Maybe we finish above the Jays. Things are getting dire and no one wants to admit it.  I would clean house of guys like Mounty and Urias. Let the young guys play. See what you have. Holliday has to turn into a pure hitter.  Heston needs to develop.  If you trust your development people, let them play 
    • Twins and Pirates have fired their hitting coaches after their season ended. Now our season has ended. Whether they were told to use a particular approach, or chose to, or had a better approach but the players didnt' pick up on it ... doesn't matter.   When so many guys on the team continually do the same things wrong over and over again and perform this badly with runners in scoring position -- the coaches have to go.   Even if they were preaching the "right thing" and the players just weren't listening... too bad, we need coaches who can communicate with the players and help them get out of slumps and make adjustments. And this has been an epic failure.
    • This is so sad. Just look at this team? The all or nothing Orioles. We are in need of an overhaul, an adjustment of our idea of what makes a hitter good. I’m going to say some things that hurt, because I really like these guys. But it’s not good baseball, and it’s not smart construction of a competitive team. Good hitters don’t disappear for long stretches, or in big games. I like Tony, but we gotta take the pick and let him walk. you cannot go O for the postseason and call yourself a premier player (Gunnar). Cowser is so bad against anything but a fastball that it’s embarrassing. Adley? What the hell happened to Adley?  The only guy who really performed was Cedric Mullins. This team scored one run in 18 innings of post season baseball? It’s time for a good old fashioned house cleaning.
  • Popular Contributors