Connor Norby 2023

glenn__davis

53 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Norby still flashing that power very early in the season.

4-13, 2HR, 2BB, 4K, .308/.438/.759.  The joys of the very small sample size.

Norby is the best bat IMO, of the Triple A infield prospects.  Maybe the worst glove.  Not sure where that shakes him out overall. 

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Norby is the best bat IMO, of the Triple A infield prospects.  Maybe the worst glove.  Not sure where that shakes him out overall. 

I love the ability to watch the AAA and other minor games on mlb.tv.     I'm afraid familiarity might breed contempt as I'm already having doubts about Cowser after watching him for 3 games.    Norby has a really quick bat.   Norby just missed another one last night.     He made the routine plays at 2B and ole'd a hard shot to his right.   

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I love the ability to watch the AAA and other minor games on mlb.tv.     I'm afraid familiarity might breed contempt as I'm already having doubts about Cowser after watching him for 3 games.    Norby has a really quick bat.   Norby just missed another one last night.     He made the routine plays at 2B and ole'd a hard shot to his right.   

From what I've seen, he's not Dan Uggla-bad at 2B. For whatever reason I can see him having a Steve Pearce-esque career, playing corners and some 2B, hitting well, but never settling in one place. I don't really have anything to back that up, but that's what I kind of think.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CharmCityHokie said:

From what I've seen, he's not Dan Uggla-bad at 2B. For whatever reason I can see him having a Steve Pearce-esque career, playing corners and some 2B, hitting well, but never settling in one place. I don't really have anything to back that up, but that's what I kind of think.

I like that comp. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I've always thought of a ceiling for Norby as Dan Uggla with a bit less bat and a bit more glove

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2023 at 7:09 PM, ChosenOne21 said:

I've always thought of a ceiling for Norby as Dan Uggla with a bit less bat and a bit more glove

I'm still hoping for Jeff Kent. Norby looks like he might have a better hit tool than Uggla.

All-Star / pre-yips era Chuck Knoblauch with a tad more power would also be a phenomenal outcome. Norby is listed at 5'9, just like Knoblauch.

Edited by Brooks The Great

3-5 with 4 RBI tonight. Last year at AAA he hit .359/.405/.718 in 39 ABs. So far this season he's at .355/.400/.548 in 31 ABs. At some point the SSS won't apply and the organization will likely have to come to grips with the fact that Norby is among the top three or four offensive players in their minor league system. 

I hope he can become a solid LF.  Really want to see that bat in the lineup.  His confidence seems infectious.  Agree, he’s not going to make the brass happy with the poor D. Looks like a great athlete, really hope he can make the transition to the outfield.  I don’t want to see them trade him.  Would hate to see the Os have to pitch to him.  

35 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He was unable to complete a tailor made 6-4-3 when his throw sailed right of 1B last night. But of course, he went 3-for-5 with 4 RBIs.

The dude can hit, but I don't think he's going to sniff 2B with the Orioles because of the defense.

Agreed.  He’s not the future 2B.