Apr 10th: Monday Evening, vs A's

FlaO'sFan

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’ll say this. The wall shows the benefit of having LHSP. 

Having a GOOD LHSP would be advantageous in any park. Throwing a middling or worse one out there and expecting the park to buff him is a path to failure. 

5 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

That may be a good early example of how the value of the wall is all theoretical. Because if it's not enough of a difference maker to bump a young, power-hitting leftie when there's an open spot on the roster, then in practice the roster will never actually be built around it because other considerations take precedence. Which means we have no comparative advantage and are just as much at the wall's mercy as every other team that comes into town.

https://theathletic.com/4388784/2023/04/07/orioles-camden-yards-left-wall-one-year/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

We had talked to current and past pitchers at Camden Yards, and they all talked about it being a ‘mind eff,’ and they worried about it while they were pitching,” Elias said. “They didn’t like to throw the ball over the plate and even if they did like to throw the ball over the plate, it meant more homers, extra pitches. Your pitcher comes out of the game earlier, your reliever comes into the game earlier. Pitchers’ arms get attritted. They get hurt. They run out of pitches. And for your team, the home team, to experience that more than the visiting team, to me it’s a disadvantage.”

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

One of the interviews in spring training  I will see if I can find it later.

Athletic

Still, Angelos, like Elias, left the door open for outfield dimensions to be reconfigured again in the near future.

“Let’s say it didn’t work out,” Angelos said. “Well, then you’d have to change it. It would be unfortunate because of X-million (spent). But you can’t be afraid to let your best people make decisions in the field.”

Just now, tntoriole said:

I do not like our radio team .. tone and pace is  very nasal and too rapid , sounds  like a 20 year old 

I don't mind the young guy, so long as I never have to listen to Dave Johnson and Melanie Newmann ever again.  But I really really REALLY miss Jon Miller. (I also miss Garry Thorne and Buck Martinez. They enhanced the Orioles baseball experience.)

I'm just very pleased that we still have Jim Palmer. And Ben McDonald is growing on me in his own way. Kevin Brown does OK if he doesn't get distracted. What I hate about the current broadcast team is when they ignore the action on the field. By the way, I absolutely hate all these networks doing interviews while the game is going on. Like come on people, pay attention to the game! Do the interviews later or in between innings when they're not playing. We come for the game action, not the interviews. It's not a podcast. It's a baseball game. It's sport.