Bumgarner Flyer?

banks703

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

What’s the evidence of this?  I’ve never heard anything negative about him before.  He certainly didn’t seem to hurt those Giants’ clubhouses when they were winning multiple World Series titles.  

I’m not particularly interested in signing formerly good pitchers whose last good season was 2019, but if we’re avoiding a guy for clubhouse reasons, I need more specifics than “he’s a douche.”  Admittedly, there may be incidents backing your claim that haven’t come to my attention, but I’d need to know what they were before avoiding a player for this reason.

Isn't he the guy who yelled at Puig and Guerrero over nothing? Just wanted to show everyone what a big tough guy he was? He also never seems to smile or look like he enjoys being around others. We don't need that nonsense here. Maybe if he was still good you could risk it, but he's not, so pass.

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

What’s the evidence of this?  I’ve never heard anything negative about him before.  He certainly didn’t seem to hurt those Giants’ clubhouses when they were winning multiple World Series titles.  

I’m not particularly interested in signing formerly good pitchers whose last good season was 2019, but if we’re avoiding a guy for clubhouse reasons, I need more specifics than “he’s a douche.”  Admittedly, there may be incidents backing your claim that haven’t come to my attention, but I’d need to know what they were before avoiding a player for this reason.

I'm assuming this, among other things, is where the douche label comes from.  Just imagine Adley trying to meet this guy halfway to the dugout after a bad inning.

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

I'm assuming this, among other things, is where the douche label comes from.  Just imagine Adley trying to meet this guy halfway to the dugout after a bad inning.

22 hours ago, banks703 said:

For the $720k I would like to see if the braintrust can figure out Madison Bumgarner. If I'm not mistaken, they paid more for Harvey. MadBum is only 33. I think it would be a worthwhile reclamation project if he's willing to sign a minor league deal to see if the O's can get him worked out with whatever plagues him. 

Plenty of pitchers have washed out by 33. Bumgarner is one of them. Plus he's not a good clubhouse guy anymore so you can't even sell it from that angle. Hard pass. 

• Upvote 1