is joey ortiz injured

ace20251

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

One begins to suspect he was optioned just so they wouldn't have to tell us anything. Hope he is OK.

What would be the incentive/motivation for the team to do that? 

Maybe he’s just on the “taxi squad” at the moment for “just in case” purposes?

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

What would be the incentive/motivation for the team to do that? 

Maybe he’s just on the “taxi squad” at the moment for “just in case” purposes?

I don't know but they never tell us anything about injuries to minor league players. 

Maybe he has a case of demoted-itis.

It did cross my mind, did he get mad at being demoted despite playing pretty well and is being sat down for a bit?  100% speculation on my part and seems very unlikely in today's climate.  But with the post from Norby the other day...and Westburg still killing it at AAA...and Ortiz making some nice plays and having good ABs up here...I wonder if the AAA natives are getting a little restless.

Again, pure speculation.

44 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Maybe he has a case of demoted-itis.

It did cross my mind, did he get mad at being demoted despite playing pretty well and is being sat down for a bit?  100% speculation on my part and seems very unlikely in today's climate.  But with the post from Norby the other day...and Westburg still killing it at AAA...and Ortiz making some nice plays and having good ABs up here...I wonder if the AAA natives are getting a little restless.

Again, pure speculation.

Out today also.

14 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I've never understood the secrecy in cases like this. For games that depend on fans, what purpose does it serve to keep them in the dark?

It makes no sense. Unless you're deliberately being cagey about a player's status for a particular matchup, there's no reason to do it.