I Love Aaron Hicks!

Mr-splash

2 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

His career batting average of .229 over 10 MLB seasons should tell you everything you need to know....

I want to know how on earth he hung on for 10 MLB seasons????

Because (1) he was worth 10.5 rWAR in his first 6 seasons, and (2) after a 4.4 rWAR season in 2018, the Yankees should fined him to a 7 year deal worth $70 mm.

Anywsy, a .229 BA certainly does not “tell you everything you need to know.”   First of all, it’s wrong - his career average is .231.   Second of all, his .330 career OBP is pretty good.  And third, he’s been a very capable defensive CF.  He’s had a respectable major league career.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

His career batting average of .229 over 10 MLB seasons should tell you everything you need to know....

I want to know how on earth he hung on for 10 MLB seasons????

According to OP he was sandbagging it for 10 years, waiting for his shot with some team that wasn't the Yankees.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Because (1) he was worth 10.5 rWAR in his first 6 seasons, and (2) after a 4.4 rWAR season in 2018, the Yankees should fined him to a 7 year deal worth $70 mm.

Anywsy, a .229 BA certainly does not “tell you everything you need to know.”   First of all, it’s wrong - his career average is .231.   Second of all, his .330 career OBP is pretty good.  And third, he’s been a very capable defensive CF.  He’s had a respectable major league career.  

He's certainly filled in admirably for Mullins

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Who on the team isn't a "team guy" and could you elaborate on what that means?

Mountcastle. Just throws ABs away. No sac flies or oppo grounders. Just Ks and swinging for the fences. He doesn’t change his game up. Frazier does. Frazier just missed a HR on Friday. Notice we haven’t seen a noticeable drop off without Mullins. 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mountcastle. Just throws ABs away. No sac flies or oppo grounders. Just Ks and swinging for the fences. He doesn’t change his game up. Frazier does. Frazier just missed a HR on Friday. Notice we haven’t seen a noticeable drop off without Mullins. 

How many times do I have to post Mountcastle's Spray chart?

He doesn't just pull the ball!

This is not reality.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/ryan-mountcastle-663624?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

There is plenty of critique about his game, folks don't have to make stuff up.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/ryan-mountcastle/18373/spray-charts?position=OF&type=battedball

He's also the league leader is Sac Flies.

http://hosted.stats.com/mlb/getleaders.asp?rank=030

Sorry if I responding to a sarcastic post as if you are being serious.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Then who is our RF?  Santander is best at DH. All of this is probably a moot point because Hicks isn’t known for his health. 

I think in that case the best outfield is Hicks in left, Mullins in center, Hays in right, Santander at DH. You can option McKenna or Vavra to make room, doesn’t really matter that much 

41 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I love Aaron Hicks too!!!

...until he goes 0-4 with 2 strikeouts.  Then DFA him yesterday!

Even the former Brewers prospect we picked up to play cf looked good for a handful of games a few years ago.  I can’t recall his name.

4 hours ago, Mr-splash said:

This is amazing. Dude was sandbagging it! Got the Yanks on the hook for $20 million to watch him go bonkers for the Orioles. I wouldn't want to play in New York either. Way too many people there. Yankees are a stifling team. More of a corporation than a baseball team. Glad to have him on the team. 

And I've noticed that Hicks looks more relaxed and appears to be having much more fun as compared to when he was in NY. I've seen him smile a few times in the past week, which I never saw from him when he was a Yankee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Even the former Brewers prospect we picked up to play cf looked good for a handful of games a few years ago.  I can’t recall his name.

Keon Broxton. I was reminded of him recently when a HR he hit for us in Coors showed up on a list of longest Orioles statcast HRs. 

• Thanks 1