Sunday, June 11: Orioles try to get out the brooms vs KC

SteveA

Kevin Gausman working on continuing his pattern of pitching like the Cy Young Award favorite, but completely pooping the bed in about a start a month.     He has harnessed his talent for the most part, but lays more than his share of eggs for being one of the league's very best pitchers.

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I actually think Brian is doing an excellent job...in fact, I think Brian has a future at this at a network level...

I agree he is good.  Obviously knowledgeable.   I think he feels he needs to fill the air a bit too much.  It’s ok for there to be a little silence.   I love Palmer and Ben, but Brian would be great if they weren’t available. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Kevin Gausman working on continuing his pattern of pitching like the Cy Young Award favorite, but completely pooping the bed in about a start a month.     He has harnessed his talent for the most part, but lays more than his share of eggs for being one of the league's very best pitchers.

He is a two pitch pitcher.  If one isn’t working, it’s pretty tough to get by

Just now, baltfan said:

I agree he is good.  Obviously knowledgeable.   I think he feels he needs to fill the air a bit too much.  It’s ok for there to be a little silence.   I love Palmer and Ben, but Brian would be great if they weren’t available. 

I know personally Kevin Brown LOVES working with him...he told me that personally...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Great response by our guys...they tattooed Hernandez who throws hard and has a high strikeout rate....How hot is Gunnar? Love him in the leadoff spot...he'd be good anywhere right now...

Looks like Gunnar is doing what we expected from him. With Gunnar we may take off!!!

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know personally Kevin Brown LOVES working with him...he told me that personally...

The Orioles would be wise to have you on the program once in a while.  You could do jokes and tell stories.  It would be fun.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It's about where I'm at, too.  Football team hasn't won anything significant since 1991, I was 2 when the Orioles won the World Series.  I'm used to disappointment at best, irrelevance at worst. I say this now, but I'm sure that changes if we advance to play the Yankees.
    • Thank you! I just got moved to seats nearby my originals and got a $100 refund!
    • In 2022, Cleveland only drew 30,000 and 34,000 for the wild card series. The Mets also did not sell out all of their three games that year either. Granted, attendances should be better in 2024. I wouldn't take much out of it.
    • Good because I think they will win.  Uneasy because if they don't win, the season falls short of expectations, period. Win here, and lose against NYY or later in the postseason after putting up a good fight... that'll be disappointing, but far better than if they don't get through this series. 
    • I agree, but I also hope the Royals don't make me regret that!  If we play like we're capable, it won't matter.  If we play more like we did prior to the last week of the season, it also won't matter, but in a bad way.  Lets just get a couple early off Ragans and get this first one out of the way!
    • It sounds like the Diamondbacks aren't that interested in their relationship with Jordan Montgomery, who has a $22.5M player option for 2025 he figures to exercise. Elias would have to negotiate one of those James McCann buy-side things, but it sounds like Ken Kendrick, at the very least, isn't worried if the player will be a happy camper as a 2025 Diamondback. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/41552657/d-backs-owner-blames-self-horrible-jordan-montgomery-add "If anyone wants to blame anyone for Jordan Montgomery being a Diamondback, you're talking to the guy that should be blamed," Kendrick told Arizona Sports. "Because I brought it to [the front office's] attention. I pushed for it. They agreed to it -- it wasn't in our game plan. You know when he was signed -- right at the end of spring training. And looking back, in hindsight, a horrible decision to invest that money in a guy who performed as poorly as he did. It's our biggest mistake this season from a talent standpoint. And I'm the perpetrator of that." I thought I read last winter when Gray went fast to St. Louis - in his mind it was his last contract for a team he always wanted to play for.
  • Popular Contributors