Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Why would they trade Cease for that package of players?  I know he’s having a down year but he just finished 2nd in Cy Young and has 2 years of control after this year.  We aren’t getting him for that mediocre group of players unless the White Sox are even dumber than I thought. 

Ok but what if we threw in Mateo too? 😉

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not me …..but here’s one from BR

Honestly,, I’d try Stowers, Norby, Hall, and  Povich

not trading Kjerstad,  Mayo 

Mayo is a no-go for me.  I say I would rather keep Kjerstad over Cowser because I don't really think Cowser can play center and like Kjerstad's power and seeming ability to hit lefties and righties.  I am fine with hoping that Fabian or another comes around to be a 4th outfielder.  

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Lance Lynn just went to the Dodgers with Joe Kelly for Trayce Thompson, Nick Nastrini (LA's #9) and Jordan Leasure (RHP). 

Small digression from the thread but interesting to see what guys are going for. 

Looks like our equivalent of Povich, Aaron Hicks (Hicks is way better), and a random AA reliever.

42 minutes ago, justD said:

I'm watching the recorded MLB Central and he did a whole segment on the WhiteSox.  Says it's completely time for them to reimagine their team, starting with the acquisitions from the Angels (#2 and #3 prospects) for Giolito. 

• Started with a trade to the Giants of Vaughn and Anderson.
  • Next up with Lance Lynn to the Reds for Hinds.

Ended up with this, saying to White Sox fans, "It's gonna hurt a little bit."  Says the Os are dying for a starter and this would do it. 

Cease trade.jpeg

I'll riot if Elias makes this deal.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, justD said:

Lance Lynn just went to the Dodgers with Joe Kelly for Trayce Thompson, Nick Nastrini (LA's #9) and Jordan Leasure (RHP). 

Small digression from the thread but interesting to see what guys are going for. 

Giolito went for the #65 overall prospect (according to MLB.com) and a pitcher who's been described as having mid-rotation upside. Robertson went for two prospects who were 20th+ best in the Marlins system. The Dodgers get two starters for a non-Top 100 prospect.

Am I reading this right that teams aren't getting back a ton of value for veteran pitchers thus far?