Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Would you make this deal?:

Norby, Stowers/Beavers, Hall and Benscome for ERod and Foley.

Would you have any requests regarding ERod's contract?  Such as, insist he opt out or insist he not opt out; so we get him for three more years?  I like both pitchers and would want them for more than rentals so if we got both for this year and a few more, yes I make that trade.  I don't believe in Hall at all and we have position player prospects better than those above.

7 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Different regime, personnel and pretty much no one left from that era. Blank slate. 

Sorry, I don’t trust that line of thinking. You’re right about the points but I just don’t believe that he doesn’t harbor negative feelings for the organization.

Not picking on you but know that I don’t make the above statement out of the side of my mouth.   

Kansas City dealt Jose Cuas, a live arm with a lot of service time.    I've been watching them beyond Scott Barlow wondering if they will move Carlos Hernandez - Cuas may be a small indicator they are open to dealing RP with a bunch of years left.

Its inconceivable Jordan Lyles pitches Thursday for us, right?

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes although I’d like the confidence of knowing that it wouldn’t do something to the Adley and GrayRod dynamic. The two of them (with Hall) are extremely close. It shouldn’t matter but I don’t believe that it completely wouldn’t.   

Edited by banks703

6 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Would you have any requests regarding ERod's contract?  Such as, insist he opt out or insist he not opt out; so we get him for three more years?  I like both pitchers and would want them for more than rentals so if we got both for this year and a few more, yes I make that trade.  I don't believe in Hall at all and we have position player prospects better than those above.

No requests. My assumption is he opts out.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Sorry, I don’t trust that line of thinking. You’re right about the points but I just don’t believe that he doesn’t harbor negative feelings for the organization.

Not picking on you but know that I don’t make the above statement out of the side of my mouth.   

Me neither. I worked for a company I harbored a lot of ill will towards for 5 years after I left. Previous owner sold it and all of a sudden there was a weight lifted off of me and I could walk in the door and visit my friends at their workplace again and I actually didn't mind spending my money there either. Angelos' I know. But still very very different than the time he was here vs now. 

16 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Players are traded by organizations and return all the time. I have no idea why he would hard intense negative feelings when the organization is a completetely different place than it was when he was here. I'm sure he'd be excited to play on a winning team. 

20 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Kansas City dealt Jose Cuas, a live arm with a lot of service time.    I've been watching them beyond Scott Barlow wondering if they will move Carlos Hernandez - Cuas may be a small indicator they are open to dealing RP with a bunch of years left.

Its inconceivable Jordan Lyles pitches Thursday for us, right?

Only if the O's are trying to win.

We gotta do something.  The 5th starter right now is Irvin, the bullpen, or somebody from Norfolk.  They just had Bautista throw a ton of pitches to secure tonight's game so the bullpen is in trouble tomorrow.  I just don't see this pitching staff, as is, making it two more full months and then having much left to grind through the post season.  They need help.  Sure, it'd be great if Means, Hall, a refreshed Wells or some other org guy can contribute I don't see enough here right now.

50 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes. There’s enough value there to be the highest bid, and it’s enough of spare parts to hurt less than it looks. We’d be favored with Ed Rod in a home playoff game versus anyone other than Cole. The bullpen could also use a fresh arm. 

9 minutes ago, Ripken said:

We gotta do something.  The 5th starter right now is Irvin, the bullpen, or somebody from Norfolk.  They just had Bautista throw a ton of pitches to secure tonight's game so the bullpen is in trouble tomorrow.  I just don't see this pitching staff, as is, making it two more full months and then having much left to grind through the post season.  They need help.  Sure, it'd be great if Means, Hall, a refreshed Wells or some other org guy can contribute I don't see enough here right now.

Concur. I do also thing we see McDermott or Povich in the pen at some point down the stretch though.

• Upvote 1