Saturday, August 26: Felix Bautista Bobblehead Day

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I didn't think that was a homer off the bat.  I thought he got under it a little and that since it was going out to the Wall, there wasn't much of a chance -if any- that it was going to get out of the park. That's one of the more impressive things you'll ever see.  
    • The Orioles have to face two opponents every night:  the other team and the home plate umpire.    Tonight Thornton was able to retire Jordan Westburg without ever throwing a strike, because he got strike one called on a pitch 6 inches off the outside corner, got strike two on a phantom foul tip and forced Westburg to chase strike three.  Mullins and Rutschman were also put in the hole by terrible strike one calls in the ninth.  We are systematically disadvantaged on ball/strike calls.  My theory is that the umpires have had it in for the Orioles ever since Roberto Alomar spit on John Hirshbeck and Peter Angelos refused to discipline Alomar.   Maybe my explanation is wrong, but the fact is that the Orioles have one of the highest number of expected runs taken away from them by missed balls and strikes.   The robot umps can't come soon enough.  
    • The Orioles have to face two opponents every night:  the other team and the home plate umpire.    Tonight Thornton was able to retire Jordan Westburg without ever throwing a strike, because he got strike one called on a pitch 6 inches off the outside corner, got strike two on a phantom foul tip and forced Westburg to chase strike three.  Mullins and Rutschman were also put in the hole by terrible strike one calls in the ninth.  We are systematically disadvantaged on ball/strike calls.  My theory is that the umpires have had it in for the Orioles ever since Roberto Alomar spit on John Hirshbeck and Peter Angelos refused to discipline Alomar.   Maybe my explanation is wrong, but the fact is that the Orioles have one of the highest number of expected runs taken away from them by missed balls and strikes.   The robot umps can't come soon enough.  
    • Another good outing from the kid.  He’s pitching remarkable considering the run scoring environment in AAA.
    • Had a great spring, now hitting .271/.920 at Norfolk. Could he possibly be worse than Mullins? How much longer can we afford to carry Mullins producing zero offense? Any reports on the defense? When he came up with Cleveland he did not play CF but they had Myles Straw there. 
    • LHB have an .825 OPS against Munoz, RHB .247.
    • Cosign. Mateo is the better offensive player right now and Mullins is unplayable outside his defense. Cowser needs to start more in CF he looked ok the other day. Stowers did make ok contact pinch hitting for Mateo, but I would have preferred to see him or Mountcastle for Mullins to start the inning.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now