September Roster Expansion

RVAOsFan

5 hours ago, rm5678 said:

I completely agree with you that McKenna would be more valuable than Hicks during the stretch run. I'm sure others on here feel differently, but McKenna has shown the past 2 nights exactly what he is capable of (timely late-game hits, stolen bases, defense, etc.).

I think it’s sort of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  McKenna is the better defender.  He’s not much of a hitter, regardless of having two good games this week.  Hicks is probably the better hitter, but not by that much.  

3 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I doubt Krehbiel is up much longer than he was the first time. They must want Wells to get a few more outings before adding him, and Means is starting again in AAA tonight for what will likely be the last rehab appearance 

So Im good with Cowser being brought back because I don’t think he should have been sent down to begin with but what did he actually accomplish?

He went down and was 12-49 with 8 walks and 20 Ks. He hit 245 with an 820 OPS.  That is what they needed to see to get him back to the majors? 

That just doesn’t make sense to me.  Maybe he was hitting into a lot of bad luck?  

Edited by Sports Guy

I'm less surprised by the Krehbiel move than CC. Could there be more to the Hicks back issues and Hays overall not looking great (physically)? Everyone is aware that CC wasn't his best self his first go-round and I'm confident that he will be a contributor to the team in the long run but I am somewhat surprised by the move to bring him back given the rookie status thing. Perhaps they don't view him as a potential winner of the award next year so why bother preserving his status?

I look at a guy like Stowers and I hope that the org doesn't handle CC the same way. I genuinely think that Stowers being yo-yo'd, not playing when he was up with the big club, etc. hurt his development and perhaps his confidence. I don't want to see CC handled that way. 

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hicks isn't ready and they want another outfielder.

What's the confusion?

Just don’t usually treat a guy like this in a manner where you bring him up for 5 min and send him back down, especially since they are out west and it’s a lot of extra travel. I would expect them to do that with a  guy like Cameron.

They talked like Hicks will be back very soon, so either that has changed, the Hays injury is worse than they thought or something else is going on.  

But maybe they will just yo yo Cowser and he will just have to deal with it.  Just surprises me that they would handle it that way with him.

Hays was limping before he hit the wall on Tuesday.   Did not play yesterday.  He needs some time to recover is my guess.  Cowser is the best replacement they have.   Hicks probably needs a few days of rehab before he is called up and he has not begin that yet.

I am more surprised about Krehbiel.  I thought Wells was ready but I guess not.