Guardians Series

Just Regular

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, their offense kind of drives me nuts.  They are the very definition of the word “pesky.”

We'll have to be used to it for a week because the Nationals up next have a very similar offense. 

The Nats & Guardians are 29th & 30th in the league in HRs... but also 29th & 30th in striking out. 

14 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

We'll have to be used to it for a week because the Nationals up next have a very similar offense. 

The Nats & Guardians are 29th & 30th in the league in HRs... but also 29th & 30th in striking out. 

Yeah, they have similar offenses.  Not similar pitching though.  

33 minutes ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

I mentioned this in an earlier thread: our batters fall for a breaking ball into the dirt all the time. I think it's become an exploit

I cringe every time a pitcher with a good low and away breaking pitch comes into games now because the Orioles hitters can't seem to help themselves from striking out or making weak contact if they manage to get the bat on the ball.

This will be something for the Orioles analytics department and hitting coaches to address in preparation for next season.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I cringe every time a pitcher with a good low and away breaking pitch comes into games now because the Orioles hitters can't seem to help themselves from striking out or making weak contact if they manage to get the ball on the ball.

This will be something for the Orioles analytics department and hitting coaches to address in preparation for next season.

Which teams do really well against good low and away breaking pitches?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Which teams do really well against good low and away breaking pitches?

Yeah, I’d really like to know if there’s any objective metric out there to suggest that the Orioles are more vulnerable to that type of pitch than any other team.  

6 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

I hope Hyde and his staff are aware of this. Ne needs to make sure that he has his best defenders out there, not think just about matchups.

6 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Everyone was down after the Orioles lost the first two games to TB and they rebounded to a split. I think they will rebound here too.

It's still possible that the Orioles win the next two, just like in the TB series. But I am not going to be holding my breath.

21 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

That's 36 runs in 5 games surrendered to the 2023 Cleveland Guardians.

Jim Palmer is hopeful about John Means tomorrow and I guess I see where he's coming from. He'll move the ball around without walking guys and hopefully get lots of outs without throwing too many pitches.

Hopefully he strikes a lot of people out. Because if they put in play, you know what's going to happen.