AFL Roster

waroriole

Glad Baumler and Peek are going.  It'll be good for them to get some work in and game experience after their surgeries. 

And glad to see Taveras going too.  He's not an overpowering guy, so working on his craft in what is generally a hitter-friendly environment helps.

A good showing for Cook help to solidify his progress this year as well.  

A few more thoughts:

Could AFL be the last shot for Towens and Pavolony?  A bit of a showcase so they can catch on with other squads if they're cut by the O's?

I also noticed the head coach is from the Yankee org.  The poli-sci nerd in me wonders how much 'sharing' of "intellectual property" type stuff happens in these co-mingled pursuits?  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m slightly surprised Seth Johnson and Kyle Brnovich aren’t going.  

I thought Johnson would definitely go to get him some innings this year.  I think that eliminates any chance we see him in Baltimore next year.  He will start in minors and if he does pitch well most likely will run out of innings to make move to major leagues. 

4 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Is John Rhodes poised to do a Heston K imitation? Seems like a real opportunity for some national exposure if he can get off to a good start. Also love to see Billy Cook put up some numbers. 

He’s not in the same stratosphere as Kjerstad talent wise.  But I hope he has a good AFL.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s not in the same stratosphere as Kjerstad talent wise.  But I hope he has a good AFL.

Honest question, prior to Heston's awesome AFL campaign in 2022 and his stellar minor league season in 2023, would you have said the same thing? Would you have been as confident as you appear to be with your assessment? 

1 hour ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Honest question, prior to Heston's awesome AFL campaign in 2022 and his stellar minor league season in 2023, would you have said the same thing? Would you have been as confident as you appear to be with your assessment? 

Unequivocally yes.  HL was a first rounder considering the best LHH in the draft.  Rhodes is a solid all-around guy but no “carrying tool” as of yet.