Which of these pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame?

Frobby

Which of these pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame?  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame?

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought it would be worth doing a poll to get an idea of what people think. Here are the top 10 candidates among starting pitchers of recent vintage. It's possible that all 10 could eventually get in. Vote for as many as you think deserve it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone but Schilling and Wells IMO.

Schilling is borderline but i am not sure he peaked enough.

His WARP3 is 108 but he had a lot of years where his WARP3 was under 5.

That is too much poor production for a HOFer IMO.

Brown is also borderline but i think i give him the nod...I could go either way on him.

I voted for everyone but Wells, Brown and Schilling...

I think Schilling makes it though, his postseason greatness will weigh heavily for some voters and it'll get him in.

SG, why'd you vote for Kevin Brown?

EDIT: I can kinda see why....1996-2001..I forgot how good he was in those years.

Dunno, he just doesn't scream HoFer to me.

I think Schilling makes it though, his postseason greatness will weigh heavily for some voters and it'll get him in.

EDIT: I can kinda see why....1996-2001..I forgot how good he was in those years.

I think someone posted the other day that that was one of the best pitching peaks of all time. Top ___ (5, 10, 20, whatever).

He gets a bad rap for getting hurt and not living up to his last contract. But he still pitched a lot of innings before that.

Mweb swayed me with his argument...Go to the Sheffield underrated player thread...Read what MWeb wrote.

Everyone but Moose and Brown. Brown, I just don't think he was ever that level. Just on the fringe of it.

Moose isn't sour grapes, it has to do with no Cy Young, no championship, no 20-win seasons.

And those are why I included Wells. Wild guess off the top of my head, he probably has 200-250 wins. Not an "automatic" number. And no Cy Youngs, but he has the rest, 20 games, championships with multiple teams, perfect game.

Archived