Ohtani to the Blue Jays? (Update: Signs w/Dodgers for $700 million over 10 yrs)

Rustbelt

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Orioles can kiss any hopes of extensions goodbye.  There is no telling where salaries are going and guys with Boras as their agent are unlikely to accept any extension that looks anything short of crazy. 

Is this really a bigger deal than the ARod deal?

That didn't immediately cause a huge spike in deals.

35 minutes ago, interloper said:

Thought about this but nahhh it's more about their fans being sad than the organization being hamstrung. Lol. I feast on the tears. 

I went on their message board and everyone is basically saying “wE DiDn’T wAnT HiM aNYwAY” even though they have a 123 page thread about him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I was thinking LA and 600 so whatever.  It's not my money or my team's league.  The Toronto thing always seemed like a leverage move; I could never see him actually going there.  The contract is based on 10 years of dominate hitting and pitching.  I just don't think the second one is going to happen.  Two TJs already and it's so incredibly hard to do, especially as you age.  This is $70M/yr (with deferrals) for a COF.  

59 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is this really a bigger deal than the ARod deal?

That didn't immediately cause a huge spike in deals.

Yeah I think he may be over estimating this deal as far as impact to other normal players.  Ohtani is a very unique player as far as pitcher/hitter/Asian demo/playing in CA.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole