Dom Freeberger UDFA Signing

The "Stuff" looks decent.  Arm seems live enough.  Good movement on some of those pitches.  Looks like control/command was an issue > 6 BB/9 IP.  

I wonder why he's choosing pitching over hitting?  Seemed to be a very good hitter...

• Roll Tide changed the title to Dom Freeberger Signs with Orioles - Electric Stuff

He throws hard.  The guys training him say he’s got great stuff.  That’s nice.  He probably starts at Delmarva.  The Carolina league hitters will tell us if he has great stuff.   Nice story.  I always root for Orioles and underdogs.   You never know.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

He throws hard.  The guys training him say he’s got great stuff.  That’s nice.  He probably starts at Delmarva.  The Carolina league hitters will tell us if he has great stuff.   Nice story.  I always root for Orioles and underdogs.   You never know.

He’s throwing 97 ….thats a reason to be optimistic 

24 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He’s throwing 97 ….thats a reason to be optimistic 

Sure, we got a few of them now.  Pretty sure Kade Strowd touches 97-98.  You say, Kade Strowd?  Exactly.  97 is the starter kit.  We’ll see what else he’s got later on.

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Baltimore local.  https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/baseball/roster/dominic-freeberger/12770. He’s described as a converted 3B in the tweet embedded in the OP, but he’s pitched every year of his college career, though primarily a 3B.   He didn’t start pitching only recently.  

I mentioned in my post ….there were mentions of him being their best hitter.