Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hot streak started today.  Player of the week next week calling it now.  Most MLB veterans have their little rituals, hokey beliefs, pre game little things they do to get their juices flowing.  If this works for Holliday, great.

Didn't they have a pitcher that would eat rails of powdered donuts on days he pitched? I can't remember now who that was. 

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Didn't they have a pitcher that would eat rails of powdered donuts on days he pitched? I can't remember now who that was. 

Turk Wendel? He did all sorts of crazy stuff.  
Gausman ate donuts at LSU on game days, if memory serves correct.

Edited by lazyjc22

13 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Got a very good jump. I hope it becomes part of his arsenal.

Really?  I actually thought it was a pretty horrible jump haha.  Fortunately Smith just kind of side-armed a lollipop throw to 2nd.

Jackson still struggling offensively.  If Westburg comes back and Urias keeps hitting well, I wonder how the playing time shakes out in the playoffs....

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve been happy with Holliday’s defense on this trip so far.  He’s shown some range and seemed more decisive and committed on his throws.   

Yep, he looks much more confident and is just playing with athleticism.  It's good to see.

3 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Really?  I actually thought it was a pretty horrible jump haha.  Fortunately Smith just kind of side-armed a lollipop throw to 2nd.

Jackson still struggling offensively.  If Westburg comes back and Urias keeps hitting well, I wonder how the playing time shakes out in the playoffs....

That was a very quick release by Smith.  While the throw wasn’t a bullet by any means, it certainly wasn’t a lollipop either.   I agree with the other poster.  Holliday must have had a good jump.   All in all, Smith got the ball to 2B quickly and accurately.   Probably the reason Smith went with the quick release and sidearm throw is because he saw the jump Holliday got.