2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Last Friday afternoon Jake Rill filed a report Hays was battling an illness.    Obviously he's posted some since then, but I can't say I didn't wonder if some of that was a seed being planted.    If Cowser continues to thrive in the coming weeks, Hays will be the most sensitive #RisingTide scenario the organization has to manage with a very fine player.

Mayo over Westburg (less career tenure), and/or Kjerstad over O'Hearn (not a long-term Oriole) will be lighter lifts in the clubhouse if/when they occur.

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Stoked about this lineup today, for once. 

Can we get lineup thread grumpypants @Frobbyin here for his ruling?

Well, as you know, my general gripe about this thread isn’t about what the lineup is.  It’s about the people second guessing everything about the lineup and acting like our manager and support team must be morons for setting that night’s lineup in a way that the poster disagrees with.  

So, I wouldn’t be complaining over just about any lineup Hyde chose.  Saying that, it’s exciting to see a lineup loaded with players the O’s drafted and/or developed, and three players who were once the no. 1 prospect in baseball.  Not many managers in major league history have gotten to write a lineup card like that.  

Now go score us some runs, please.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Generally unqualified quote from Brandon Hyde here reported by Matt Weyrich

Brandon Hyde on today's lineup, which includes Jackson Holliday, Jordan Westburg and Colton Cowser: "I think how it looks tonight is probably going to be how we're going to go for a while and a majority of nights."

Music to my ears...

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

Colton Cowser has got to be pretty sore today after crashing into that wall. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a night off.

I bet the Red Sox 2B will have the day off after catching Gunnar's liner. His hand was on fire!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Colton Cowser has got to be pretty sore today after crashing into that wall. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a night off.

I’d DH him and give Adley the day off. 

15 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Last Friday afternoon Jake Rill filed a report Hays was battling an illness.    Obviously he's posted some since then, but I can't say I didn't wonder if some of that was a seed being planted.    If Cowser continues to thrive in the coming weeks, Hays will be the most sensitive #RisingTide scenario the organization has to manage with a very fine player.

Mayo over Westburg (less career tenure), and/or Kjerstad over O'Hearn (not a long-term Oriole) will be lighter lifts in the clubhouse if/when they occur.

Westburg isn’t being sent down to Norfolk. At the very best he’s traded, but I don’t see that happening either.