Jordan Westburg 2024

interloper

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That was Cowser and Ortiz.  

There were lots of permutations.  I’m pretty sure I said I’d probably trade Cowser and Westburg if there was no third piece.   Glad we didn’t, though Cease is looking pretty good.  

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There were lots of permutations.  I’m pretty sure I said I’d probably trade Cowser and Westburg if there was no third piece.   Glad we didn’t, though Cease is looking pretty good.  

But he was specifically talking about 2 polls, one of which you did.  It was the same exact question a few weeks apart and that was about Cowser and Ortiz. 

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But he was specifically talking about 2 polls, one of which you did.  It was the same exact question a few weeks apart and that was about Cowser and Ortiz. 

Yes.  Perhaps I lost the context here.  

2 hours ago, baltimoriole said:

Remember when CWS fans wanted Cowser, Westburg, + for Dylan Cease? Even if Cease is pitching BBs, he ain’t worth what these guys are turning into.

I was always against all the Dylan Cease trade ideas. I was anti-Cease. Still can't understand how that thread got to be hundreds of pages.

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

Hopefully Westburg is putting a stop to all of the nonsense about being a roaming position player now. 

I remember reading that Elias had no interest in including Westburg in a Cease trade.

Imagine in a couple years an infield of Gunnar/Mayo/Westburg/Holliday. It's going to be glorious.

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I was always against all the Dylan Cease trade ideas. I was anti-Cease. Still can't understand how that thread got to be hundreds of pages.

He's got an ERA under 2.  He's a quality starting pitcher that was known to be on the market.

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m amazed at how often Westburg hits the ball 105 mph and higher. He doesn’t overswing but generates amazing EVs.

The in game power this year, thus far, is so much better than last year.  Of course, that’s not surprising. It’s not like he didn’t show power in the minors.