Austin Hays 2024

ShoelesJoe

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Probably but I wouldn’t go as far as definitely. Some of these contenders with OF issues are more salary conscious than others.

But if he goes another 100-200 at bats where he’s awful, the thought that he is likely to get claimed goes way down imo.

Two more months of sucking could change the situation, yes. 

16 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Two more months of sucking could change the situation, yes. 

To be clear, he sucked for three weeks.  It was hard to watch, but some people have just way overreacted.  He’ll be fine.   

16 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Does being sick make someone swing at balls 2 feet outside or 1 foot inside?

A good question.  

I love it when he swings from his heels at sliders in the dirt when there's runners on base.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

A good question.  

I love it when he swings from his heels at sliders in the dirt when there's runners on base.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As far as losing 10 pounds which everyone keeps harping on why is it that if I ever got sick and lost 10 pounds I was back to being my normal 10 pounds overweight within 2-3 days?

57 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

As far as losing 10 pounds which everyone keeps harping on why is it that if I ever got sick and lost 10 pounds I was back to being my normal 10 pounds overweight within 2-3 days?

You're pretty fortunate. It seems like when I do occasionally get sick and lose some weight I have a superpower that allows me to gain whatever I lost plus 5-10 more 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

You're pretty fortunate. It seems like when I do occasionally get sick and lose some weight I have a superpower that allows me to gain whatever I lost plus 5-10 more 

Those were the good old days.  Now, I’m more like 30 pounds overweight.  

• Haha 1

Austin Hays isn’t playing tonight for Double-A Bowie but he’s back in the lineup Saturday for his fourth injury rehab game. 

“I think we’re going to make some decisions after that,” Hyde said.

Hays has played left and right field and served as designated hitter and gone 5-for-10 with a double and two home runs.

“Swinging the bat really well,” Hyde said. “Saw a couple of them, but I talked to some people who have been at the games and he’s running really, really well, so that’s the main thing.”

Hyde also said Arizona starting three right-handers didn’t influence the Orioles’ weekend plans for Hays.

“We’re just kind of evaluating him after every day,” Hyde said.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/kimbrel-let-s-make-it-simple-i-ve-got-to-be-better-plus-other-notes-before-tonight-s-game

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Hyde acknowledges calf is lingering in the postgame presser.

Put some context they were maybe trying to be cagey about rest with the off day tomorrow.

It otherwise made no sense that Hays didn’t start given Hyde’s prioritization of platoon matchups and the recent slumps of Cowser and Mullins. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

So then why was he activated? Just keep McKenna for a couple more days. 

Perhaps not planning to start either one of them in this series and thinking that they prefer Hays to McKenna as a PH?

This could explain the timing of Stowers over Kjerstad. Since Stowers is a better defensive option while they are hesitating to put Hays out there.

• Upvote 2