Colton Cowser 2024

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Watching Cowser having success this year makes me wonder what Kyle Stowers could do with a fair chance and some regular playing time. 

If hays continues to scuttle…I think it might be time to send him down to AAA to figure it out and bring Stowers up. Stowers does have success against lefties so he might be a good backup for both Cowser and Mully.

5 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

If hays continues to scuttle…I think it might be time to send him down to AAA to figure it out and bring Stowers up. Stowers does have success against lefties so he might be a good backup for both Cowser and Mully.

I think Hays is out of options now and even if he keeps struggling I don't see that happening assuming an option is left.

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think Hays is out of options now and even if he keeps struggling I don't see that happening assuming an option is left.

Roster Resource has Hays at one option left and slightly over 4 years service time.

• Upvote 1

Because Hays just did lose his job. 

The difference between Cowser and Hays is night and day. Cowser might end up striking out a lot but he’s not pull happy. He’s fine with going to the opposite field. 

Hays has the patience of a gnat and tries to pull everything. It’s almost polar opposites in hitting approaches. 

I like Hays as a guy, he seems like a good dude and he’s been a good player off and on.  But the valleys in his game are getting too low and too long to justify giving him at bats when there are guys like this swinging. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Hays has a little bit of a "I might have just lost my job" look when they cut to the dugout 😬

This should motivate Hays. He should be at the park early working on hitting the ball the other way. A great leader remains unfazed even when they are struggling. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Because Hays just did lose his job. 

The difference between Cowser and Hays is night and day. Cowser might end up striking out a lot but he’s not pull happy. He’s fine with going to the opposite field. 

Hays has the patience of a gnat and tries to pull everything. It’s almost polar opposites in hitting approaches. 

I like Hays as a guy, he seems like a good dude and he’s been a good player off and on.  But the valleys in his game are getting too low and too long to justify giving him at bats when there are guys like this swinging. 

But I was told nobody should lose their job after a 10 game slump. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Unfortunately there is no pick for second place, and only one PPI pick per team, so even if we have ROY and #3 MVP different players we would get only one pick I believe.

Fair enough, but on the other hand, Holliday coming in second this year opens him up for some MVP considerations in a few years.

50 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

This should motivate Hays. He should be at the park early working on hitting the ball the other way. A great leader remains unfazed even when they are struggling. 

The problem is Hays already swings away too often and he might press it even more trying to get out of this slump further contributing to his downward spiral. Extra work is fine, but Hays had got to relax at the plate and force the pitcher to throw strikes.