Colton Cowser 2024

9 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I actually didnt like the call. I think he goes over the top in his corniness at times. So he could tone it down alot. I prefer Thorne.

I'd prefer Jon Miller.

Gary Thorne ain't walking through that door.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd prefer Jon Miller.

Gary Thorne ain't walking through that door.

I liked the calm cool demeaner of Mel Proctor. I wish Kevin would emulate him. 

20 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I actually didnt like the call. I think he goes over the top in his corniness at times. So he could tone it down alot. I prefer Thorne.

To be fair there is a 50% chance Gary would have called him Gunnar.  I think a lot of the pining for Gary is his dulcet tones.  Dude made a lot of mistakes.  Now 30 years ago Gary, sign me up!!

Jon Miller was the best and he understood baseball more than any of these guys.   Kevin Brown is a little too contrived but he’s ok.  I like him better than Thorne.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Malike said:

Sprint speed doesn't equal being good in CF. Mullins has great instincts and gets really good jumps on balls. 

52 minutes ago, Malike said:

Mullins has definitely lost a step and I'm not sure if he's just being cautious so he doesn't hurt his groin again or what, but he's special out there in CF on defense.

For sure.  I thought it was interesting.  I was surprised to see the numbers so close.  It’s definitely a building block to being a good CF. 

I’ve also noticed Mullins taking it easy.  He’s been picking his spots to when he goes all out. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Thats cool. I think I have to give the edge to Mullins defending right now. Cowser's a huge guy for CF too, listed at 220 lbs on Bbref, but if Judge can do it...

I agree - just curious to see the similarity.  Imagine. Cowser has beat in wing span.  And his arm is much stronger.  

55 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I liked the calm cool demeaner of Mel Proctor. I wish Kevin would emulate him. 

Mel & brother Low were my favorite TV guys as well on HTS, but Mel got plenty excited on calls from time to time…”back to the wall, Ohhhhh!!!!, and Orsulak makes a spectacular catch!”

Edited by Say O!

Just now, Say O! said:

Mel & brother Low were my favorite TV guys as well, but Mel got plenty excited on calls from time to time…”back to the wall, Ohhhhh!!!!, and Orsulak makes a spectacular catch!”

Yeah, if it were Kevin Brown calling Joe Orsulak it'd be something like "Well there's no SLACK in Joe ORSULAK when he's in the outfield!"

Mel and Lowenstein were fantastic.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, if it were Kevin Brown calling Joe Orsulak it'd be something like "Well there's no SLACK in Joe ORSULAK when he's in the outfield!"

Mel and Lowenstein were fantastic.  

He's not LACKING for power!!

• Haha 1