The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

My wife hates sports, inside edition is her source for world news and she would enjoy this thread. 

cut the dead weight and bring up the Norfolk Calvary, my 2 cents

Qualifications: one of the faster dog walkers on the NCR Trail, above average lawn dart thrower before they banned the sport.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Orioles5258 said:

My wife hates sports, inside edition is her source for world news and she would enjoy this thread. 

cut the dead weight and bring up the Norfolk Calvary, my 2 cents

Qualifications: one of the faster dog walkers on the NCR Trail, above average lawn dart thrower before they banned the sport.  

I've learned the hard way to double check my spelling.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've learned the hard way to double check my spelling.

LOL i actually did a double take on Calvary and thought it didn't look right but posted it anyway, probably because i got away with spelling Hays as Hayes on this same thread and no one called me out. 

19 hours ago, scottbbfm said:

Uncle Rubie and Biscotti just donated $10mm to the bridge fund.  The Orioles are NOT prioritizing money over winning.  Case closed. 

Maybe they’re prioritizing bridge-building over baseball.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Getting very tired of the old JAG O's trying to score runs when you have youthful BIRDlings in AAA literally breaking records.

And this isn't just a few games the fledglings did this.  They did this all spring training. 

If you play guys like Hays, Mateo, Urias, and Kemp?  You get Hays, Mateo, Urias, and Kemp results. 

In no way can you win a champinship playing those guys on a daily basis. 

Some of you guys can poo poo that all you want, (and you have) but if you think the O's are going to win a WS this year with them?

I will bet you anything you want.

I would rather live and die with guys that will be here for the next 5 years instead of what we see right now on the parent club.

Despite the winning record which has come against two pathetic teams and a few comeback wins, which over a full season you cannot hope to replicate.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Getting very tired of the old JAG O's trying to score runs when you have youthful BIRDlings in AAA literally breaking records.

And this isn't just a few games the fledglings did this.  They did this all spring training. 

If you play guys like Hays, Mateo, Urias, and Kemp?  You get Hays, Mateo, Urias, and Kemp results. 

In no way can you win a champinship playing those guys on a daily basis. 

Some of you guys can poo poo that all you want, (and you have) but if you think the O's are going to win a WS this year with them?

I will bet you anything you want.

I would rather live and die with guys that will be here for the next 5 years instead of what we see right now on the parent club.

Despite the winning record which has come against two pathetic teams and a few comeback wins, which over a full season you cannot hope to replicate.

7. Spamming in any form will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, repeatedly posting the same or similar content or posting any identical message more than one time or in more than one forum.

21 hours ago, scottbbfm said:

Uncle Rubie and Biscotti just donated $10mm to the bridge fund.  The Orioles are NOT prioritizing money over winning.  Case closed. 

They actually are.  And I don't care what you or anyone says.

They have at least 4 players in Norfolk that are miles better than 4 players currently on the MLB club. 

That is without question and if you argue that?  You are a clown.

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

They actually are.  And I don't care what you or anyone says.

They have at least 4 players in Norfolk that are miles better than 4 players currently on the MLB club. 

That is without question and if you argue that?  You are a clown.

Baltimore orioles fans just can’t stand prosperity. I feel like they really never know what to do with it. Perhaps it’s the town and crab pot culture? No idea, but it’s as easy to find a piss and moan Baltimorean as it is to find the sun in the Summer.

21 hours ago, scottbbfm said:

Did John Angelos donate a combined $10 million in his entire history as acting owner of the O's?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Baltimore orioles fans just can’t stand prosperity. I feel like they really never know what to do with it. Perhaps it’s the town and crab pot culture? No idea, but it’s as easy to find a piss and moan Baltimorean as it is to find the sun in the Summer.

I am actually not sure if this was meant to agree with what I said?  Or argue against it.  :)

That being said I grew up in MI and now live in CA and have never been to Baltimore.  Just was always an O's and Colts fan since I was 3 or since I can remember.

No real idea why lol. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

2 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

He said, pissingly and moaningly.