Samuel Basallo 2024

Just Regular

.305/.377/.463 since May 1st. 

Candidates for #1 prospect next year:

Jackson Holliday, Andrew Painter, James Wood, Samuel Basallo, Jordan Lawlar, Junior Caminero

I expect Holliday, Wood, and Lawlar to be ineligible. There's a real chance that Basallo makes it 4 straight years of #1 prospects for the Orioles, which is unbelievable.

4 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Jackson Holliday, Andrew Painter, James Wood, Samuel Basallo, Jordan Lawlar, Junior Caminero

I expect Holliday, Wood, and Lawlar to be ineligible. There's a real chance that Basallo makes it 4 straight years of #1 prospects for the Orioles, which is unbelievable.

I don’t think Woood sees the big leagues until September.  No reason for them to bring him up. 

14 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Mayo coming back from injury could have his debut in Baltimore delayed. 

Even Kjerstad is still only at 44 at-bats on June 3rd.

It isn't impossible Holliday, Mayo and Kjerstad will all surprising expectations remain prospect eligible with Basallo this winter.

Kjerstad and Holliday will be ripe prospect fatigue cases for list making entertainers.

16 hours ago, baltfan said:

I don’t think Woood sees the big leagues until September.  No reason for them to bring him up. 

Oh, there's already pressure to bring him up. I think he's dealing with a minor injury now, but if he's healthy and playing, I'd wager they'll almost be forced to bring him up in July. 

The Nationals are low-key good and have a few really nice prospects on the way. 

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Oh, there's already pressure to bring him up. I think he's dealing with a minor injury now, but if he's healthy and playing, I'd wager they'll almost be forced to bring him up in July. 

The Nationals are low-key good and have a few really nice prospects on the way. 

As an Orioles fan, they are a preferred winner of the Soto sweepstakes to come.

Whatever keeps him off the Yankees, or secondarily the Dodgers, in the years to come.

As a baseball fan, Soto against these Orioles teams only adds excitement to the competition.

Wood and Crews feel very 129 at-bats good.

On 6/2/2024 at 1:36 PM, Frobby said:

Totally weird.  Top of the first inning, runner on 1st nobody out and Basallo sac bunts.  Working on skills?

My guess would be that he missed a sign. 

Can Orioles player development please get Coby Mayo, Samuel Basallo and Thomas Sosa together for a side by side picture?

He's within 9 of Beavers for the Baysox wRC+ lead.

I have ragged on John Henry's organization a lot since he prioritized margins over Mookie Betts' legacy, but Roman Anthony near Basallo on the Eastern League's youngest/best filters is looking like a nice player.

Anthony and Kyle Teel give Boston an echo of a Gunnar-Adley kind of pair after rookie integration taxes get paid in 2025.    

24 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

He's within 9 of Beavers for the Baysox wRC+ lead.

I hadn’t noticed until you wrote this, but Beavers is in a bit of a funk, .423 OPS over his last 8 games.