On MLB just now the host were asking what should Baltimore give up to get Miller from the A's

Gurgi

Just now, Bemorewins said:

It sounds like you are very much against the idea of this kind of trade. I appreciate you expressing your opinion. I just happen to have one that’s a little different. Nothing wrong (in my book) with us disagreeing.

Mayo for Miller isn’t an absurd thought because the A’s probably wouldn’t do it.   LOL

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s just a reality check for the fawning that’s going on over Mason Miller who nobody even knew who he was 6 weeks ago. Now everyone is ready to hand over Mayo+ or Basallo+ for this dude. 

Heck no, but that’s just my opinion. Hopefully Elias’ too. Everyone can have their own opinion so fawn away if you desire. 

Yes, agreed. Differing opinions are what make the board lively/interesting IMO.

I just happen to share an opinion that does not believe “a reality check” is saying that our contention window will be cut down to two years if we don’t have one of Mayo or Basallo.  

25 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I'd consider that, but I think it will take more

Of the contending teams, who has a prospect stash (other than the Phillies) that could come anywhere close to beating that?

In what world does Mason Miller cost more than Corbin Burnes and Dylan Cease?  Wouldn’t it be cheaper/better to just trade for Cease, and just put him at closer?  Heck, if we’re selling Mayo+ or Basallo+ we can get a SP arm and convert them. I’m sure their stuff will play up out of the pen. Aim big. 

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What he’s doing is elite.  His big moment pedigree will be shutting us down in the playoffs when the Dodgers or Yankees give up the farm for him.

He dominated the Yankees for a save in Yankee stadium.  Good enough for me.

And I thought I was a negative nancy.  Wow.  Are you the guy that keeps saying I will hate Gunnar Henderson when he signs for the Yankees?

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

In what world does Mason Miller cost more than Corbin Burnes and Dylan Cease?  Wouldn’t it be cheaper/better to just trade for Cease, and just put him at closer?  Heck, if we’re selling Mayo+ or Basallo+ we can get a SP arm and convert them. I’m sure their stuff will play up out of the pen. Aim big. 

SIX YEARS OF CONTROL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The world in which you get Corbin Burnes for one year and Mason Miller for 6.    

Just now, RZNJ said:

The world in which you get Corbin Burnes for one year and Mason Miller for 6.    

I would also argue that Hall + Ortiz isn’t necessarily less than Mayo + Bradfield.  Probably pretty close.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

And I thought I was a negative nancy.  Wow.  Are you the guy that keeps saying I will hate Gunnar Henderson when he signs for the Yankees?

No, I’m not that guy.  I hope you find him someday.   Kind of like the Fugitive looking for the left armed man.  Good luck.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

SIX YEARS OF CONTROL

Whats Mayo worth at the trade deadline with 25 bombs in AAA?  He has six years of control also.  I see this guy hitting 40 homers a year by the time he is 25.  

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

SIX YEARS OF CONTROL

If Mason Miller’s value is this high then it makes more sense to put Grayson at closer, let him show out for 6 weeks, then sell him for a Mason Miller haul, then use that haul to buy a rental SP and Closer at the deadline. 

Heck, we could end up with Cease at the deadline and get the Astros to pick up Hader’s contract for the haul we’d get for Grayson as a closer. 

13 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Of the contending teams, who has a prospect stash (other than the Phillies) that could come anywhere close to beating that?

The Yankees or any other team could go quantity and beat it.   Jasson Dominguez, Roderick Arias, and a pitching prospect.

The Dodgers could put something together.