On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)

Tony-OH

On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Hays or McKenna on the team this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/24 at 20:09

3 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Why is there no option for dropping off McKenna on a deserted island somewhere that Hyde and Elias cannot find him.

Didn't you hear?

The really, really smart people are certain that the guy worth 0.6 WAR for his career is better than the guy who has outpaced him by 15x because.... well, feelings or something.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Because that seems to be a bit much for the 26th man on the roster.  

I get it, McKenna isn't a great player and no one should get it twisted that I think he is.  I just happen to think that the difference between him and Hays isn't a wide gap at this point in time.

But my goodness, the way some of you hate on McKenna, it's almost personal or something.  It's really weird to be so angsty towards a player who doesn't get much playing time and probably won't be on the team that much longer.

It’s really odd. Every year, there are some whipping boys and this year 2 of them, Urias and McKenna, don’t play much..so it’s really odd to even care so much about their role.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I get it, McKenna isn't a great player and no one should get it twisted that I think he is.  I just happen to think that the difference between him and Hays isn't a wide gap at this point in time.

But my goodness, the way some of you hate on McKenna, it's almost personal or something.  It's really weird to be so angsty towards a player who doesn't get much playing time and probably won't be on the team that much longer.

Time to take your McKenna poster off the wall?   Or is it the ceiling?  🙂

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Time to take your McKenna poster off the wall?   Or is it the ceiling?  🙂

Just like you have 8x10s of every Orioles prospect ever plastered all over your walls. I’m sure your media guide from ‘97 has the pages of Rocky Coppinger and Danny Clyburn stuck together. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just like you have 8x10s of every Orioles prospect ever plastered all over your walls. I’m sure your media guide from ‘97 has the pages of Rocky Coppinger and Danny Clyburn stuck together. 

So, it is on the ceiling?   So this is all because you think McKenna is cuter than Hays?   Why didn’t you  just say so?

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

It almost is personal. The guy gets to play major league baseball, and is  literally bad at almost everything he does. And it’s not because of lack of talent,  but lack of focus, preparation and frankly lack of caring. Now I can’t prove that one but if you listen to him get interviewed and asked about times he messed up he doesn’t seem to care and frankly takes no accountability for his mistakes. Now He can hit a little, but that’s not even why he’s on the team.. We are a 1st place team and we are the only team that wants him.  So yeah, I’d like him to disappear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s really odd. Every year, there are some whipping boys and this year 2 of them, Urias and McKenna, don’t play much..so it’s really odd to even care so much about their role.

Whipping boy? How many bad defensive plays do you have to see? He has been doing this for years. I don’t even know why your bring up Urias. If he comes in for defense you don’t have to worry about him. Just silly.  How many major-league baseball players do you have worry about catching a flyball. Just one and it’s Ryan McKenna.  He plays very little, and when he’s in there to do the one thing he was brought up to do he loses focus, drops balls,  has horrible routes and can’t throw a guy out from almost 1st base at home. Yeah yeah but he’s a just whipping boy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Not surprising. It will be interesting if popping a few homers against lefties will get him claimed.

If he does it will be like when I have to hide the tennis ball in the closest from my dog. It's the only way he'll stop obsessing over it. Elias might need to have his ball taken away.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1