Norby and Vespi coming up?

Bird Lady

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Didn’t Stowers hit a game-winning homer in his first game?

Not his first game, but I recall him hitting a game tying homer a pitch after the LF dropped the last out of the game in foul territory, and we eventually won in extras.

Edited by lfallo1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Could there be a bit of a Hyde/Elias disconnect?

Hyde mentioned in his press conference that "Tate was the righthander available" when talking about his outing yesterday.

Vieira is rigthhanded and hadn't pitched in 6 days. 

Is that a subtle indication that Elias put someone on the roster that Hyde simply did not want to use?

I'm not buying any disconnect. I don't think Hyde sits back and makes a comment to the media before he talks Elias about it. I'd bank on their relationship being better than that, way better.

14 minutes ago, Philip said:

Didn’t Stowers hit a game-winning homer in his first game?

9 minutes ago, lfallo1 said:

Not his first game, but I recall him hitting a game tying homer a pitch after the LF dropped the last out of the game in foul territory, and we eventually won in extras.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I'm not buying any disconnect. I don't think Hyde sits back and makes a comment to the media before he talks Elias about it. I'd bank on their relationship being better than that, way better.

That comment is very similar to what Buck used to say, when asked about a terrible performance. “This is who we have.”
I don’t think the question was ever resolved of whether Buck or Dan was responsible for that awful roster but it’s pretty clear that Hyde was not happy having Vieira on the roster, but of course he’s not going to publicly call out his boss.

I would really like Mike to explain his reasoning, but the main thing is that he uses different reasoning next time.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Urias' lack of arm strength hurts him on plays coming in and towards 3B. It has really fallen off this year with his max throw only being at 78.4 MPH this season. Personally I think his best attribute as a defender is that he doesn't make a lot of errors. All of his game has fallen off this year and he really just looks like a guy who turned 30-today, and may be at the end of his big league career. 

The problem is if he gets taken off the roster, who plays 3B when Westburg needs a day off? Guess you could move Gunnar over for a game here and there, but they probably really rather not do that since he's the everyday SS. 

Kind of a tragic time for Mayo to get hurt, isn't it.

12 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Norby at 2B means an entirely homegrown infield. 7 of the starting 10 drafted by the O's. Impressive.  

8 of the 10, right? I think tonight only Santander and O'Hearn were not Oriole-drafted. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

8 of the 10, right? I think tonight only Santander and O'Hearn were not Oriole-drafted. 

Whoops... I can't do math. I typed 7 of 9 then wanted to add GRod to the numerator and denominator.

Shows you what a math degree means. 

EDIT: And dagnabbit, you get @RZNJ positive rep instead of me 😉

Edited by Jagwar
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Whoops... I can't do math. I typed 7 of 9 then wanted to add GRod to the numerator and denominator.

Shows you what a math degree means. 

EDIT: And dagnabbit, you get @RZNJ positive rep instead of me 😉

He can count and you can’t.  😀

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1