8/11 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

Just now, Tony-OH said:

We can complain about Kimbrel and Hyde's relief choices, but the offense has scored one run. The Rays just pitched well today.

I was going to say the same thing. You can't expect your pitching staff to give up zero. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nah, he's still a guy who can strike out guys. He's the guy you want to put in when the bullpen is short and you absolute have a situation where you need a strikeout. Other than that he needs to be in low leverage.

We don't have enough guys to use in high leverage, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, O-The-Memories said:

I'm going to go ahead and blame the bullpen coaches somewhat here too. They've got to see what we do in the pen with the lack of control and velocity. I guess we just have nobody else to throw out there. I'd rather almost anyone than Kimbrel though. I never like losing.....losing because you walk everyone and allow guys to run all over you is even more difficult. 

You mean like Soto? Cano and Seranthony were not available today. Kimbrel needed to do his job, he did not.

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Some people here defends Hyde when some posters question some of his decisions!!

And some people wait for every decision that doesn't work and automatically say that Hyde is an idiot because of it without even considering alternatives.   

• Thanks 1