I did not know.

Baseball fandom

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The only losses that matter were the sweep last season by Texas since that was with this core group. The big story is now 0-4 by this core group. 

Watching how they wilted when the pressure started to build this season, their lack of clutchiness, and then their absolute embarrassment of an offensive showing yesterday, it's fair to wonder if this core group can not handle pressure. 

Even Gunnar, who is a great player, came up small yesterday. Elite players tend to show up in elite times, and what we've seen is that this core group just doesn't have those players offensively. 

Maybe they'll make me eat my words this afternoon or maybe they will slink away and finish off this disappointing season with a sad loss leaving their fans wondering whether this group will ever be able to pick it up when it matters. 

If I'm Elias, I'm thinking he has to really change up the dynamic of this group this offseason if they don't win this series. 

To be fair to Gunnar he was 6 for 12 in the Texas series last year.  The other guys (Adley, Santander, Mountcastle) didn't really show up though.

11 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

To be fair to Gunnar he was 6 for 12 in the Texas series last year.  The other guys (Adley, Santander, Mountcastle) didn't really show up though.

Yeah, was gonna say. Gunnar was the only guy to really show up last year in the playoffs. The Royals threw 3 consecutive lefties yesterday - not the best matchup. Gunnar is the least of my concerns. Still fair to say he came up small, because he did. But I don't think yesterday's game speaks to any inability to handle pressure. 

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

All this talk of pressure... How is it this group could handle the pressure last year and not this year? As late as 9/23/23, their lead was only 1.5 games.

So, they could handle it last year and not this year?

Frazier's prayer group.

17 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Guess that means greatest manager ever Showalter lost 5 in a row.

2014 team had no Machado, Weiters and Davis.  I like Buck always have.  I think he is exactly what this team needs to be honest.  Or Mark DeRosa,,,,

1 minute ago, Ceciltrav said:

2014 team had no Machado, Weiters and Davis.  I like Buck always have.  I think he is exactly what this team needs to be honest.  Or Mark DeRosa,,,,

You always liked Buck?

You liked Buck when he kept Britton on the bench and gave the ball to Ubaldo?

As a manager Buck is a great media guy.