10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

It's hard to remember what I was thinking at that time with accuracy...I'm sure we could go back and dig up posts with people's thoughts and reactions but I was stoked about Adley, I'd wanted us to take him #1 all year.

Looking back on it...duh.  Why take a catcher over a hyper-athletic middle infielder with a strong baseball pedigree.  

It seems so obvious now.

I never wanted to waste a 1/1 on a catcher after the Wieters deal.  Catching is so brutal why waste any high picks on one?  It's like the NFL and running backs.  As a kid running backs got taken high in the draft.  It was a premium position.  Then the big minds decided running back was oft injured and they did not want to waste money on running backs.  No no one really waste high picks on them much.  

Catcher should be the same way.  Never waste a high picks on a catcher.  Ever again.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

All of our hard hit balls are either foul or right at someone.

Yep, it's 2014 again. Every ball we hit is just foul. Their bloops fall in. Their outfielders are catching everything. Their bullpen could not be scored on. The Orioles big hitters are all sucking.