10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

At a 31 degree angle. That's not good.

31 degree LA is considered a barrel at this EV, and is very close to maximizing batted ball distance on a fly ball.  The xBA on his ball was .580.

Edited by Hallas

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

2 innings in and not a single quality AB or hard hit ball. Scoring runs is hard but it’s not as hard as they are making it look. They’re a complete joke. 

They're making him look like Koufax.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol Mountcastle. It's nice to see he'll never not be able to swing at a slider two feet off the plate.

I genuinely hope we give the keys to Mayo next year despite his numbers this year.

at least he offers some patience and even a semblance of the strike zone. 

the Mountcastle era needs to end.

A couple of Ravens seasons ago - the year they lost in Buffalo in the playoffs - I remember being literally relieved the season was over, because that team had stressed me out so much with injuries, lack of performance in clutch situations, bad luck, and just a general black cloud over the entire operation.  This O's team has given me an eerily similar feeling.

I regret to inform you that ever since my wife told me to wash my "Ain't the Beer Cold" shirt, every time I've worn it since, the O's have lost. Prior it was a winning shirt. Blame her. 

I'm not wearing it now, but they were already crappy when I wasn't wearing it. But still. 

• Haha 1

Just now, casadeozo said:

I genuinely hope we give the keys to Mayo next year despite his numbers this year.

at least he offers some patience and even a semblance of the strike zone. 

the Mountcastle era needs to end.

Mayo strikes out even more than Mountcastle even if his approach is different