10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

I don't know if the Orioles would have taken Gunnar with the 1st overall 2nd round pick had they picked Booby Witt, but there is no doubt picking Bobby Witt would have been better than taking Adley Rutschman in that first draft.

Just now, Dibbs31 said:

Witt distanced himself over Gunnar big time since the all-star break 

That's what happens when you OPS 1.05 for an entire half season.  Also the fact that Gunnar had a huge fielding slump really hurt his WAR numbers.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

What First Baseman do the Orioles have in the wings?

I was referring to Mayo, though I certainly see what you're implying here.  Mayo needs a place to play, its not going to be third, and in spite of constant speculation here, they've given zero indication that it will be in RF.  They can work him in at first platooning w/ O'hearn maybe. 

I don't know man.  I'm not exactly thinking clearly at this point, I'm just in a bit of a fog over this team right now, to be perfectly honest.  And, this time, its not the pot.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I know it's sad, but the second the other team scores I immediately think we lost. That's how little I think this team can come back. I've never felt like this about an Orioles team. Not even the ones that lost 100+ games. 

Crazy thing is last year it was exact opposite. 

6 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

If I'm Seth Lugo, I don't throw a single ball in the zone to start any ABs. And if they swing at it, just keep doing it. 

No worries about strategy - Os are staying true to the holes in their swings, the pitches they’ve been bad at hitting, their approach in every count and situation faced. They don’t adjust, they just blindly “trust the process” and are as predictable as the sun coming up in the east. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't know if the Orioles would have taken Gunnar with the 1st overall 2nd round pick had they picked Booby Witt, but there is no doubt picking Bobby Witt would have been better than taking Adley Rutschman in that first draft.

He’s a super star.