Anybody know if we can sign Jean Carlos Batista?

Mods feel free to move this if this isn't the correct board for it.

http://baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=1309

I've heard the Orioles have expressed interest in Sano but haven't heard anything about Batista. From reading what scouts thinks about Batista I would love to put a young, up and coming "5-tool" shortstop in the Orioles minor league system. What are the chances that the Orioles go after him and/or Sano at the same time? We got a lot of money coming off the books next season and I know attendance is down but I would think the Orioles could afford to get these two prospects.

Anybody in the know?

Mods feel free to move this if this isn't the correct board for it.

http://baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=1309

I've heard the Orioles have expressed interest in Sano but haven't heard anything about Batista. From reading what scouts thinks about Batista I would love to put a young, up and coming "5-tool" shortstop in the Orioles minor league system. What are the chances that the Orioles go after him and/or Sano at the same time? We got a lot of money coming off the books next season and I know attendance is down but I would think the Orioles could afford to get these two prospects.

Anybody in the know?

I am by far no expert but do not get your hopes high for the O's to sign any of the expensive players. Maybe a couple of lower prospects but nothing earth shattering...

I am by far no expert but do not get your hopes high for the O's to sign any of the expensive players. Maybe a couple of lower prospects but nothing earth shattering...

I think the Orioles will be bigger players in the Caribbean this year than they have been in the past. What that means in terms of money and names, I don't know. But I expect them to move beyond the fringes, where they have been for so long.

Archived