Obligatory Tillman Thread, 7/8/09

AVencill

6 straight outings of 6 innings or more.

His BB ratio is under 2.5 and his K rate is 9 and he isn't giving up homers.

Folks, I am sorry to say but he has NOTHING left to prove in the minors...It is time to see what this kid can do...His next outing is the futures game....After that, his next outing should be in Baltimore, on July 20 or 21.

Well, there may be something specific they have him working on. But basically, I agree with you.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, I am sorry to say but he has NOTHING left to prove in the minors...It is time to see what this kid can do...His next outing is the futures game....After that, his next outing should be in Baltimore, on July 20 or 21.

So do you let him make his first start in the Bronx or at Fenway ?

Or just wait for KC the last week of July ?

This could have a lot to go with that big ballpark in Norfolk.

So do you let him make his first start in the Bronx or at Fenway ?

Or just wait for KC the last week of July ?

Hadn't thought of that and judging by the way the Orioles have done things, I don't think Tillman's first start will be against one of those teams on the road.

Hadn't thought of that and judging by the way the Orioles have done things, I don't think Tillman's first start will be against one of those teams on the road.

I would think they would do a Wieters-esque home start with a few days of hype beforehand.

I'd be there.

In a quick review of the International League, Tillman is 6th in ERA (2.50) and has 2 more strikeouts and 2 fewer walks than the top IL pitcher, Clay Buckholtz. Oh yeah and out of the top 6 ERA's he is the youngest by far

(21) with the other 5 not younger than 25 years of age.

Bring him the hell up!!!

If Tillman is called up after the break, what would that do to his prospect status for next year? It would be cool to see how high our system ranks with all 3 pitchers still in it, and also to have all 3 going for ROY next year.

That being said, I'd much rather him get as much big league experience as possible (without overworking him) than keep him down just for that.

All 3 of our guys are banging on the door pretty damn hard.

I think we see Tillman by the end of July. Arrieta not much longer after that.

Matusz probably won't be until mid-April of 2010, but he'll be ready to roll as soon as that date comes around. He's probably good to go now, but don't think they can squeeze all 3 guys into the rotation and still get Hernandez and Bergesen their starts. They aren't gonna go with 5 rookies in the rotation.

Wouldn't it be crazy though if all 3 of these guys debut and win this year. That would give us Koji, Bergesen, Hernandez, Berken, Tillman, Arrieta, and Matusz all to have won their MB debuts in a single year. Hell even if just 1 of the 3 do it that would be pretty amazing.

If Tillman is called up after the break, what would that do to his prospect status for next year? It would be cool to see how high our system ranks with all 3 pitchers still in it, and also to have all 3 going for ROY next year.

That being said, I'd much rather him get as much big league experience as possible (without overworking him) than keep him down just for that.

50 IP or 40 consecutive days on the 25-man roster would negate his ROY status for next year, and that's usually what most prospect lists go by.

Honestly I would let him start against the Red Sox or Yankees.

I will be sitting with my cousins (Red Sox fans) on the top of the Green Monster on July 24th:):), wearing Orioles gear proudly:). Would love to see Tillman but do you start him on the road at a place like Fenway?

Archived