Jake Arrieta Game Discussion

Frobby

Reliever?? No way... not just yet. Here's a guy who sits at 94-96 consistently, has pitched in the Olympics and knows how to work inside. Perhaps I'm missing something but you give this guy every opportunity to prove he's not a starter:)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a bad start considering the circumstances and his recent outings. I hope we see him soon in the Majors.

I don't hope we see him soon. I think he's got to get into a groove at AAA before we can think about calling him up. If his fastball command isn't solid yet, let him stay at AAA until it improves.

I wonder if he implodes in the 5th or 6th.

BTW, I am pretty sure Tony ment to have all discussion about Arrieta in one thread, not to start a new thread for every start, even if it says Game Discussion.

Yeah, that's what Tony meant.

Here is the thread for Arrieta game discussion:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1890558#post1890558

He walked a few in the 7th...I assume his night is done, as he is at 100 pitches through 7 and just came off a 24 pitch inning.

7 IP, 6 hits, 1 run, 2 hits, 6 k's and 1 HBP

63 of his 100 pitches for strikes.

Nice start for Jake...ERA down to 4.28...Be nice to see him get it under 4 by the end of the AAA season.

In the 7th he walked the first two guys, then got a double play and a strike out. He's at 100 pitches (63 for strikes) so he's probably done, but a good outing and he didn't implode.

7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K

Arrieta's night is over. A good outing. Very glad he didnt implode.

Archived