Are the Orioles committed to winning?

JTrea81

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, why does a team trying to line its pockets hand $106 million to Markakis and Roberts?

If your theory was true, they would have traded Roberts and Markakis and replaced them with Turner and Reimold.

Well if the Orioles traded away Roberts and Markakis, it would be obvious what they were doing.

By extending them, they can say they are committed to winning sometime soon, without actually doing it as fans will see those extensions as a commitment to winning. And they can still get fans to come to games, albeit a smaller #, because Markakis and Roberts are still there.

That's great, but he's doing next to nothing about the on-field ML product.

He can improve both at the same time.

We don't have to be the Marlins and Rays and try to struggle through a season with all young talent and retreads.

I understand what you're saying....but you can't hang the drywall before the framing is up. And no house is built in a day, at least a decent one. LOL.

AM has said the whole time they will buy the bats when they are ready. It's becoming clear we're close to that point, the question is is it this off season or next when they sign/trade for the big bat(s). I think that's all we need yet to become contenders, a power hitting 1B and a very good hitting 3B. The offense needs more consitency.

Getting a big bat before this season ddn't make sense until we knew what we had fromt he young pitchers, and that's really still in question to a point(as it always will be). At least now that Matusz, Tillman, Hernandez, Berken, Bergy have all shown some of what they can do they can re-evaluate who they can trade to get a bat.

I wanted us to tear it down, but also use our resources to aqcuire younger, established players to help build it back up quickly.

We don't have to have a payroll below $60 million for a rebuild to happen IMO.

Why do you care so much about the payroll next year? What difference does it make?

I think you would rather spend 5 million to get a 4.50 ERA just to say that we spent money even if we can get that 4.50 ERA for 400K.

Well if that is what you really believe, then why even bother posting here or following the team anymore?

I mean, its pretty absurd that you think this team cares about winning and just wants to put money in its pocket.

Right now, I don't see any proof to the contrary, just that we are going with youth, and hopefully the majority will develop so that we can add some parts via FA and compete.

Otherwise, we will have wasted the past 3.5 years of the ML team.

That's not much of a committment to winning to me.

I'm still a fan of this team, and that's why I follow it.

Right now, I don't see any proof to the contrary, just that we are going with youth, and hopefully the majority will develop so that we can add some parts via FA and compete.

Otherwise, we will have wasted the past 3.5 years of the ML team.

That's not much of a committment to winning to me.

I'm still a fan of this team, and that's why I follow it.

Just because you fail to see it, doesn't mean its not there.

Now, don't get me wrong...I feel AM needs to bring in outside talent and he should start doing that this offseason but I think there is a difference in what I want and what you want...You just want to spend to say we spent...like Moyer last offseason.

The Orioles had to move from a team with no future and no present to competing with the 2-3 best teams in baseball year in and year out.

The strategy AM implemented at least is logical and moves us in a clear direction. Obviously it's not gauranteed to work and there's a lot more movement and development to be done, but no strategy is a lock to compete in the AL East. It's going to take time, deal with it JTrea.

The alternative directions you have offered completely suck.

I cannot wait for us to be good again so the OH can be irrationally positive instead of irrationally idiotic. How many times do we have to see the exact same thing posted under a slightly different banner?

Archived