Did Andy and Tony Meet?

soxhotcorner14

The piece will be out some time tomorrow.

It's over 9,000 words and in the end, you will be able to make up your own mind. I'm sure some will be be disappointed, and some will be surprised. Some will think I didn't go far enough while others will questions my "sources".

In the end, I never called this an expose, and I never wanted to actually do this piece. I've spent an unbelievable amount of time talking with people (more than anything I've ever done for the site), digging up information, and generally trying to get this story out correct.

I'll let you all judge whether it was worth my time.

I'll let it stand as the best job I could do.

I'm hoping to get an accurate picture of the organization, pluses as well as the minuses.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's over 9,000 words and in the end, you will be able to make up your own mind. I'm sure some will be be disappointed, and some will be surprised. Some will think I didn't go far enough while others will questions my "sources".

In the end, I never called this an expose, and I never wanted to actually do this piece. I've spent an unbelievable amount of time talking with people (more than anything I've ever done for the site), digging up information, and generally trying to get this story out correct.

In advance- "Thank you."

There's no doubt in my mind that it'll be worth the time you put into it. Thanks for the effort. You're about to do something for Orioles baseball that no other local reporters seem to have the balls to do. At least I think so.

I have no idea how this will effect OH plus membership, but I bet your rep explodes with the release of this piece. :D

I will post this for free to prove that this was not about generating income for the Hangout or myself. In the end, it was about getting out a story that Orioles fans have the right to know.

Time will tell whether it will have any effect on anything, but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I did what I thought was best for the organization and it's fans.

I will post this for free to prove that this was not about generating income for the Hangout of myself. In the end, it was about getting out a story that Orioles fans have the right to know.

Time will tell whether it will have any effect on anything, but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I did what I thought was best for the organization and it's fans.

Greatly appreciated Tony.

BTW- You might be able to sleep tonight, but knowing the piece will be out tomorrow- not me. :D :laughlol:

I will post this for free to prove that this was not about generating income for the Hangout of myself. In the end, it was about getting out a story that Orioles fans have the right to know.

I expect your rep numbers will be rolling in faster than Tommy the pinball wizard on a Bally table.:D

Would anyone be surprised to see the O's just-so-happen to swing a big trade later today or tomorrow? ;):D

It would take something like that to take the attention away from this article. I'm sure AM would have liked the team to continue it's winning streak from Texas to deflect some attention....but instead, their post-ASB performance has only added fuel to the fire.

Tony- I'm sure this piece will be up to majority of people's standards on this website. I applaud you busting your *tail* (don't want to get penalized again :D ) on getting everything squared away before posting. Next time you're in Frederick I'd like to catch up with you and Adam. I appreciate your hard work.

SHC

I've always had a "tell it like it is" attitude. Most people can handle that. Most.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into it. I know I've been very interested in reading it and I personally think it's time the problems of the Franchise are addressed. Hopefully it leads to positive change but I won't hold my breath.

I have a Corporate audit here this week. Guess I'll have to find an excuse to go to the bathroom (for two hours....9000 words, holy moly!).

Thanks in advance Tony. We can see the effect this thing has had on you. Hopefully once its out you can rest easy!

I will post this for free to prove that this was not about generating income for the Hangout or myself. In the end, it was about getting out a story that Orioles fans have the right to know.

Tony,

How long was your meeting with MacPhail?

Did you get to ask what you wanted?

Did you find him honest and forthcoming or otherwise?

9,000? Bill Simmons just called, wanted to tell you to chill a bit on the word count ;)

Seriously though, I hope everyone will read it with an open mind. Its the least that can be asked for all that work.

Archived