Strasburg Hurt Again

BaltimoreTerp

http://www.masnsports.com/the_goessling_game/2010/08/strasburg-leaves-game-in-fifth-inning-with-injury.html

Lots of people seem to be suggesting it's the elbow, but that seems like idle speculation.

Still, big news. The Nats probably shut him down no matter what, right?

I've heard the wrist and I've heard the elbow. Either way, just goes to show how easy it is to hurt yourself when you throw that hard. With 5 possible starts left the rest of the way, and having to miss 3 because of the DL, they are better off shutting him down and letting him rest.

I've heard the wrist and I've heard the elbow. Either way, just goes to show how easy it is to hurt yourself when you throw that hard. With 5 possible starts left the rest of the way, and having to miss 3 because of the DL, they are better off shutting him down and letting him rest.

Agreed...just shut him down.

He's got a clear inverted W as well as some wrist cocking action. I should say he does those things most of the time, because his mechanics are also inconsistent. As amazing as the guy's stuff is, those are three major red flags that indicate potential injury problems in the future. This was not unexpected.

He's got a clear inverted W as well as some wrist cocking action. I should say he does those things most of the time, because his mechanics are also inconsistent. As amazing as the guy's stuff is, those are three major red flags that indicate potential injury problems in the future. This was not unexpected.

True, very true. Though I don't think anyone expected these little flare-ups so soon.

Seriously, they need to shut him down. They'd be foolish to bring him back.

Archived