Dice-K didn't make it through 5 in the ALCS.

Chollie Eckman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did I know there'd be another slathering, half-mad post from Chollie on the object of his obsession?

Let's see... trolling flame bait calling anyone who doesn't hate Dice-K a closet Red Sox fan... check! Immature dig at statheads... check!

I'm waiting for the thinly disguised race-baiting about how Japanese people can't play ball like real Americans. What a joke of a thread.

Oh, by the way Chollie, I'm rooting for the Indians.

Why did I know there'd be another slathering, half-mad post from Chollie on the object of his obsession?

Let's see... trolling flame bait calling anyone who doesn't hate Dice-K a closet Red Sox fan... check! Immature dig at statheads... check!

I'm waiting for the thinly disguised race-baiting about how Japanese people can't play ball like real Americans. What a joke of a thread.

Oh, by the way Chollie, I'm rooting for the Indians.

Don't you just hate it when I'm right........again? ;)

No one is dismissing it...You said he is making 20 million a year...YOU ARE WRONG!

He isn't making nearly that much...That money is not part of his salary.

SG, suppose I had some magic beans to sell you. First you had to give me a down payment of $100. Then you gave me the balance of $10 when the government checks came in the mail on Thursday. Would you tell all your friends that you bought magic beans for $10 or $110.

(ps. don't ask what the magic beans do to make them magic)

SG, suppose I had some magic beans to sell you. First you had to give me a down payment of $100. Then you gave me the balance of $10 when the government checks came in the mail on Thursday. Would you tell all your friends that you bought magic beans for $10 or $110.

(ps. don't ask what the magic beans do to make them magic)

He doesn't make $20M per year. He costs the Red Sox an average of $20M per year. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

He doesn't make $20M per year. He costs the Red Sox an average of $20M per year. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Thank you...This isn't a difficult concept.

And the 50 million spent for the posting fee could end up being a good investment if they are able to make money marketing, advertising and things like that.

Plus, it kept him away from NY...Maybe if he were a Yankee, they would be in the ALCS this year.

Thank you...This isn't a difficult concept.

And the 50 million spent for the posting fee could end up being a good investment if they are able to make money marketing, advertising and things like that.

Plus, it kept him away from NY...Maybe if he were a Yankee, they would be in the ALCS this year.

It's been posted before that money is around $4 mil total for the length of the contract.

OK "technically" he's not making the money. He still cost the RS $100 million.

Technically?

No...He isn't making it.

The Red Sox spent what ends up being around 20 million a year but DiceK isn't getting paid that...So, for what he is making, he is a relative bargain in this market.

And, on top of that, it was his first year in the majors and in this country...Luckily, one year does not a contract make and anyone judging him on one year and saying he is a failure is clueless.

Now, he may have not have been as good as some thought he would be this year but that doesn't mean he won't be through the life of the contract.

Archived