Dice-K didn't make it through 5 in the ALCS.

Chollie Eckman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I have to agree with Chollie that, for 2007 at least, Matsusaka wasn't worth the money the Red Sox paid for him (as opposed to the money paid to him).

2. Why he has such a fetish about this, I don't know. It's not like Matsusaka has been a bum. There are plenty of players who haven't been worth what their team paid for them. For example, Matsusaka had a better year than Barry Zito, who is earning $126 mm over 7 years, far more than was paid for Matsusaka.

I'd say he's either near or at his peak right now. I bet even the Red Sox would even admit he's not worth $20 million per even to them.

He just turned 27, so I don't think you can say whether hes worth the money or not yet.

1. I have to agree with Chollie that, for 2007 at least, Matsusaka wasn't worth the money the Red Sox paid for him (as opposed to the money paid to him).

2. Why he has such a fetish about this, I don't know. It's not like Matsusaka has been a bum. There are plenty of players who haven't been worth what their team paid for them. For example, Matsusaka had a better year than Barry Zito, who is earning $126 mm over 7 years, far more than was paid for Matsusaka.

It started with all the national press he was getting in spring training. Let's just say I was being the anti-obsessionist. Some people took it the wrong way and we've basically taken sides. I have nothing against him per se or his Japanese counterparts(I like Ichiro and Kaz Matsui). I DO have a problem with the fawning "Red Sox Nation" and their obsessions. ;)

He wasn't worth the money this year due to a late season collapse, we'll see if he makes some adjustments to fix this in the future, he obviously has great ability and showed that for most of the year. And this is a long term deal, can't say whether or not he's worth it at this point.

Wow, is it actually possible to troll an entire message board?

And still be allowed to post?

I would have admitted on, oh I don't know, April 1, 2007 that I didn't think Daisuke Matsuzaka was worth the money the Red Sox spent -- I don't need to see a bad performance on Game 3 of the ALCS to convince me. That being said, if you're implying that he isn't a good pitcher or whatever because of this sole game, that's just silly.

Lots of pitchers have struggled to get out of innings in this postseason, like CC Sabathia, who may win the AL Cy Young Award. But he's not Japanese so he doesn't get mentioned, right?

P.S. I despise the Boston Red Sox and am vehemently rooting against them.

Wow, is it actually possible to troll an entire message board?

And still be allowed to post?

I would have admitted on, oh I don't know, April 1, 2007 that I didn't think Daisuke Matsuzaka was worth the money the Red Sox spent -- I don't need to see a bad performance on Game 3 of the ALCS to convince me. That being said, if you're implying that he isn't a good pitcher or whatever because of this sole game, that's just silly.

Lots of pitchers have struggled to get out of innings in this postseason, like CC Sabathia, who may win the AL Cy Young Award. But he's not Japanese so he doesn't get mentioned, right?

P.S. I despise the Boston Red Sox and am vehemently rooting against them.

Wow, another arbiter wannabe. Jumping to conclusions much?:rolleyes:

Here, let me slow it down for you so even you can understand it.

Another.........person.........who.........wants .........to............be.........a........moderator.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Considering you are the self-proclaimed resident expert on who deserves to earn what salary (see both your sig and the first post of this idiotic thread) perhaps YOU are the "arbiter wannabe."

You created this thread with the sole purpose of stirring the pot of everyone on here that disagrees with you -- that's trolling.

And yes, if I were Tony or Scottie B I'd ban you in a heartbeat...but lucky for you I'm not.

Considering you are the self-proclaimed resident expert on who deserves to earn what salary (see both your sig and the first post of this idiotic thread) perhaps YOU are the "arbiter wannabe."

You created this thread with the sole purpose of stirring the pot of everyone on here that disagrees with you -- that's trolling.

And yes, if I were Tony or Scottie B I'd ban you in a heartbeat...but lucky for you I'm not.

I really can't see how you can come to that conclusion from this thread.

Anyway, from now on your new nickname will be "Officer".

BTW, you're lucky you edited that as fast as you did.

I really can't see how you can come to that conclusion from this thread.

No?

"C'mon defenders/closet Red Sox fans flame away."

"Especially from some of these guys who are "stat" people."

"Don't you just hate it when I'm right........again?"

Yes, there's no way anyone can infer that you had bad intentions starting this thread.

Archived