Townsend Now Going to Australia

JayThomas

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many baseball leagues are there in Australia?

I'm not sure about the exact number. I do know that this is the first year that the league in Australia has become "official". It's now the ABL.

Here's a pretty good article detailing the league:

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100805&content_id=13059620&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Anyone know where he will be playing his games - Gold Coast has a half decent competition I've been told. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a game from what I've read about him.

Cheers

What is sad is that you might get to see more Orioles minor league players this year than I did with Bowie coming to Reading only once this year. It would be great if you could give us some scouting reports on how they look in person. :laughlol: Maybe you can even get your wife to finally see the light and begin to root for the Orioles!:D At least Aoife can finally watch a real sport live!!!

australia-beaches-3.jpg

He won't come back the same.

Awesome pic for obvious reasons.. Of course you didn't show the pic where two minutes later she was eaten by a 17 foot salt water croc or bittten by a deadly sea snake or stung by the most painful and deadliest jelly fish. :D

I swear every time I see a special on Australia's beautiful beaches or reefs it's always followed with some horrible creature that lurks there. :D

Maybe we should remind our prospects to stay out of the water. :smile11:

Archived