11-0 vs. 11-0 in the Iron Bowl?

waroriole

I wouldn't make this a whole thread, but there are alot of Alabama and Auburn fans on here for a message board about the Orioles. That said, watching these two teams this year has got me as excited about the Iron Bowl since Alabama came to Auburn for the first time in 1989.

Now obviously Alabama has a better chance to be 11-0, but how exciting would it be if they both were 11-0 with a shot at the NC. It would undoubtedly be the most compelling Iron Bowl ever, and that is saying something for the best rivalry in any sport. That's right Ohio St-Michigan, nobody in the south gives a crap about your little "rivalry." (Ha, finally something Auburn and Alabama fans can agree on).

While I always root for Bama to lose, it is a nice consolation prize this year when they win, and I can go on thinking about how great an undefeated Iron Bowl would be.

Auburn still has tough tests against Arkansas and LSU. Also, Georgia, while having a down year, is sure to give Auburn it's best shot in the South's oldest rivalry. (I'd like to throw Kentucky and Ole Miss in there just to "knock on wood.")

Alabama still has South Carolina and LSU, as well as Tennessee, which is their equivalent to Georgia.

If Auburn can get by LSU and Arkansas I might just start pulling for Alabama until it's Iron Bowl time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better shore up that pass defense, buddy!!!!!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Passing&conference=I-A_SEC&year=2010

Arkansas can throw the ball...

No question about that. Arkansas is the team I'm worried the most about before the Iron Bowl. If there has been one area that I've been very disappointed in this season it's the awful play of the secondary. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Mallett shred us apart. The fortunate thing is we play Arkansas, LSU and Georgia at home.

No question about that. Arkansas is the team I'm worried the most about before the Iron Bowl. If there has been one area that I've been very disappointed in this season it's the awful play of the secondary. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Mallett shred us apart. The fortunate thing is we play Arkansas, LSU and Georgia at home.

Trust me, as a Michigan fan I completely understand.

The Virginia Tech / West Virginia rivalry became so bitter that the schools stopped playing each other.

I'm just sayin'.

But an undefeated showdown in the Iron Bowl would be freakin' sweet.

Same thing happened with Auburn/Alabama. They didn't play from 1908-1947. That is why Auburn/Georgia is the "South's Oldest Rivalry."

I wouldn't make this a whole thread, but there are alot of Alabama and Auburn fans on here for a message board about the Orioles. That said, watching these two teams this year has got me as excited about the Iron Bowl since Alabama came to Auburn for the first time in 1989.

Now obviously Alabama has a better chance to be 11-0, but how exciting would it be if they both were 11-0 with a shot at the NC. It would undoubtedly be the most compelling Iron Bowl ever, and that is saying something for the best rivalry in any sport. That's right Ohio St-Michigan, nobody in the south gives a crap about your little "rivalry." (Ha, finally something Auburn and Alabama fans can agree on).

While I always root for Bama to lose, it is a nice consolation prize this year when they win, and I can go on thinking about how great an undefeated Iron Bowl would be.

Auburn still has tough tests against Arkansas and LSU. Also, Georgia, while having a down year, is sure to give Auburn it's best shot in the South's oldest rivalry. (I'd like to throw Kentucky and Ole Miss in there just to "knock on wood.")

Alabama still has South Carolina and LSU, as well as Tennessee, which is their equivalent to Georgia.

If Auburn can get by LSU and Arkansas I might just start pulling for Alabama until it's Iron Bowl time.

Lolz and nobody outside of the deep south cares about this rivalry and I say that as someone who casually roots for the Tide.

A lot will be decided on Thanksgiving weekend with regard to the BCS rankings. What a sick lineup of games.

Auburn @ Alabama

Arizona @ Oregon

Boise St @ Nevada

Michigan @ Ohio St

All of those teams could conceivably be undefeated and ranked in the Top 10 by then (except maybe Neveda, but if the right teams in front of them lose, who knows?).

Auburn will have at least two losses when they come to Tuscaloosa, IMO.

Plenty of potential losses on their schedule:

@ Kentucky

vs Arkansas

vs LSU

@ Ole Miss

vs Georgia

Auburn has a good team this year, but they aren't quite there yet, IMO. They need to be on upset alert tomorrow in Kentucky.

Auburn will have at least two losses when they come to Tuscaloosa, IMO.

Plenty of potential losses on their schedule:

@ Kentucky

vs Arkansas

vs LSU

@ Ole Miss

vs Georgia

Auburn has a good team this year, but they aren't quite there yet, IMO. They need to be on upset alert tomorrow in Kentucky.

Thanks for the upset alert for Kentucky. We play great at home and is expecting a packed house tomorrow. The key for Kentucky is ball control, we have shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers the past two weeks. We can drive the ball. We have a great offense. But we cannot rely on our defense to bail us out. We need to be smart with the ball because if we turn it over then Newton will have a field day against us. The good news is news around campus is Kentucky has had great practices this week, unlike the Florida week where I heard they were going through the motions. We have some dangerous players at Kentucky who can make some big plays (Cobb, Mathews, and Locke] we just need to control the ball. If Kentucky has a chance they are going to need to out score them. If this game is close at all it is going to be a 42-38 type game.

This game could easily be a blowout as we played horrible the past two weeks, but I have to be optimistic since it is my school.

A lot will be decided on Thanksgiving weekend with regard to the BCS rankings. What a sick lineup of games.

Auburn @ Alabama

Arizona @ Oregon

Boise St @ Nevada

Michigan @ Ohio St

All of those teams could conceivably be undefeated and ranked in the Top 10 by then (except maybe Neveda' date=' but if the right teams in front of them lose, who knows?).[/quote']

What a difference a day makes. Each of the bolded teams lose, although I never really saw Michigan making it all the way to the OSU game undefeated. On top of that, Auburn barely escapes with a win and neither Oregon or Nevada looked very impressive today either.

Bold as it may sound, I'm going to call my shot now. Oregon goes undefeated right up to the Civil War in Corvallis, and Oregon St upsets them to knock them out of the BCS Championship game. As someone who favors the Beavers over the Ducks, it will be poetic justice after the Ducks knocked the Beavers out of the Rose Bowl two straight years. Of course, if it ends up that James Rodgers is out for the rest of the season, I'll reserve the right to retract my prediction as soon as the MRI results are made public. ;)

What a difference a day makes. Each of the bolded teams lose' date=' although I never really saw Michigan making it all the way to the OSU game undefeated. On top of that, Auburn barely escapes with a win and neither Oregon or Nevada looked very impressive today either.

Bold as it may sound, I'm going to call my shot now. Oregon goes undefeated right up to the Civil War in Corvallis, and Oregon St upsets them to knock them out of the BCS Championship game. As someone who favors the Beavers over the Ducks, it will be poetic justice after the Ducks knocked the Beavers out of the Rose Bowl two straight years. Of course, if it ends up that James Rodgers is out for the rest of the season, I'll reserve the right to retract my prediction as soon as the MRI results are made public. ;)[/quote']

The way things look right now the national championship is going to be a 1-loss BCS team against Boise...The only undefeated BCS team I can see running the table is Ohio St but I think they are likely to slip up on the road at Wisconsin or Iowa

Archived