My offseason plan

JTrea81

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burnett, not Greinke, and I'd expect the Yankees to eat $10 million which would put him at 3/39 or $13 million per year.

Ok so thats 13 for Burnett?

so

Fielder $24 Million

Beltre $17 Million

Burnett $13 Million

$54 Million for 3 players

What do you suppose the payroll would be?

Ok so thats 13 for Burnett?

so

Fielder $24 Million

Beltre $17 Million

Burnett $13 Million

$54 Million for 3 players

What do you suppose the payroll would be?

Good question. Off the top of my head I'd guess $115-120 million in 2012.

Roberts is off the payroll after 2013 as well as AJ Burnett, so it would only be up there for a couple of seasons ideally.

For the bench players, the Orioles would be developing internal solutions obviously, but for now we need a quality bench and our current minor leaguers aren't going to cut in that regard. So eventually the bench would be cheaper as well.

Good question. Off the top of my head I'd guess $115-120 million in 2012.

Roberts is off the payroll after 2013 as well as AJ Burnett, so it would only be up there for a couple of seasons ideally.

IMO, it's not half bad. Not great, but not half bad. I would rather have Reynolds to play first ( I know he plays 3b now). It would help keep the payroll lower, and the key to this like all plans is obviously have good drafting to replace Roberts, etc... to keep 4 players in a higher bracket, and substitute with upcoming players to minimize salary

IMO, it's not half bad. Not great, but not half bad. I would rather have Reynolds to play first ( I know he plays 3b now). It would help keep the payroll lower, and the key to this like all plans is obviously have good drafting to replace Roberts, etc... to keep 4 players in a higher bracket, and substitute with upcoming players to minimize salary

The thing with Reynolds is you only have so many chips to deal.

By trading for Fielder, you probably wouldn't be able to deal for Reynolds without crippling the bullpen, which is why you sign Beltre instead. And the Orioles need a #4 hitter more than they need a #8 hitter.

It is expensive, but the Orioles don't have much of an alternative if they want to actually assemble a team ready for the playoffs in 2012.

And you have it exactly right. The goal is to have core players locked up for several years while you can draft and develop their replacements.

But this way you can actually compete while you wait for your farm to actually produce on a regular basis instead of draining it like we have and then having no alternatives for several years.

The thing with Reynolds is you only have so many chips to deal.

By trading for Fielder, you probably wouldn't be able to deal for Reynolds without crippling the bullpen, which is why you sign Beltre instead. And the Orioles need a #4 hitter more than they need a #8 hitter.

It is expensive, but the Orioles don't have much of an alternative if they want to actually assemble a team ready for the playoffs in 2012.

And you have it exactly right. The goal is to have players locked up for several years while you can draft and develop their replacements.

But this way you can actually compete while you wait for your farm to actually produce on a regular basis.

I meant Reynolds instead of Fielder. That is why I put him at 1st ;)

For JTrea......lyrics courtesy of Aerosmith:

Dream On...Dream On...Dream On

Dream until your dream comes true

Dream until your dream comes through

Dream On...Dream On

Dream On....Dream On...... A-A-H-H-H....... :newcry::newcry::newcry::newcry::wedge:

If you were the GM, and you signed Adrian Beltre to a 4/68 deal, and traded that haul for Prince Fielder, without an signing him to an extension, I would be on every website known to man with an online petition calling for the immediate resignation of Jtrea as GM of the Orioles.

If you were the GM, and you signed Adrian Beltre to a 4/68 deal, and traded that haul for Prince Fielder, without an signing him to an extension, I would be on every website known to man with an online petition calling for the immediate resignation of Jtrea as GM of the Orioles.

And if we re-signed Fielder and went on to win the WS in 2012? ;)

This team needs to take some drastic steps this offseason to win and make the playoffs in 2012. My plan has those steps needed to do just that.

Once again, it doesn't make sense to say Prince had a down season last year. He's had 5 full seasons and his WAR goes as follows:

1.3, 5.3, 2.7, 6.9, 4.1.

So the 6.9 could very easily be the aberration.

For SS, Hardy would be very good, Bartlett would be a poor move imo.

Burnett could bounce back, but I doubt to a very high level, and of course he may not bounce back much, if at all.

The BP doesn't look too good.

That's a very expensive bench and is a payroll that is likely higher than what PA would allow.

I don't think that's a 90 win team on paper. That would be possible though.

Archived