Cartoon Bird is BACK

irishterp10

Regarding the orange jersey, I wonder if wide black bands near the sleeves would have been a better choice. The reason the other jerseys have the orange bands is so there's a nice contrast and pop to them. Especially from a distance, the current orange jersey just looks like it has two skinny black bands (the borders of the orange band), which look a little odd. A black band with black or white borders would have been more interesting. Anyone care to do a mockup of that?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still has the orange bill...so its horrible.

A black-paneled, black billed cartoon bird hat would have been a great alternate to replace the "O's" hat. I wonder if further down the line it will happen, though I don't see that being a potential primary (at the same time, who saw a black-paneled, black-billed hat coming in '89?).

A black-paneled, black billed cartoon bird hat would have been a great alternate to replace the "O's" hat. I wonder if further down the line it will happen, though I don't see that being a potential primary (at the same time, who saw a black-paneled, black-billed hat coming in '89?).
The O's hat is pretty poor too and that is coming from someone who has 2 of them...but its really all that was out there that didn't have an orange bill.

All black hats with the new bird is what they should be or at least something they should offer.

The orange bill just looks stupid.

You hate joy.
What a moronic thing to say although coming from you, its not surprising.

The orange bill looks dumb and always has. Just because in the little world of BELIEVE(LOL), it looks good doesn't mean everyone else thinks it looks good.

Now, go back to sucking on the Orioles power teet.

Regarding the orange jersey, I wonder if wide black bands near the sleeves would have been a better choice. The reason the other jerseys have the orange bands is so there's a nice contrast and pop to them. Especially from a distance, the current orange jersey just looks like it has two skinny black bands (the borders of the orange band), which look a little odd. A black band with black or white borders would have been more interesting. Anyone care to do a mockup of that?

I agree. I think they should have added some white in between the two black bands for a little more contrast and "pop". It's little touches like that that clearly separate official game jerseys from batting jerseys, etc. IMHO. For the most part that along with no change to the home whites tells me the organization was still a bit nervous about going all out 70s/80s.

For the moment this is just a nitpick for me. Still very pleased with these changes (honestly thought we'd never see the day as long as PA owned the team)...

I think the orange jerseys look cool, but would look better with the road black cap. The white cap is a big "meh" for me and it only looks halfway decent when worn with the white jerseys.

I like the change overall, though.

I do like the orange jerseys...I wish they would do the orange and black jerseys with Baltimore across the front. That is the one I would want to buy.

The orange bill looks dumb and always has. Just because in the little world of BELIEVE(LOL), it looks good doesn't mean everyone else thinks it looks good.

Oh lighten up. Its not that serious. I know sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet but still, no need for that crap.

I agree with you about the Orange Baltimore jersey, I was hoping for that.

I don't see why you have a problem with the orange bill. It's traditional, and it fits with the bird, which after all, has a lot of orange. But whatever. It is a matter of opinion.

Archived