Erbe is back!!

Flosman

About three years overdue for him to be in the bullpen in my opinion; however, great to see him back as I have always pulled for him since he is a local guy.

Agreed on all parts. Good kid who could still have a future out of the pen. He's worth keeping an eye on if his fastball is back in the mid-90s again (I haven't heard any reports yet from my sources).

When does he need to be put on the 40 man?

After this season. We'll have to wait and see the reports before there is any true talk of adding him to the 40-man at the end of the season. If he can work his way back to Bowie and he's throwing well while missing bats out of the pen, then I could see him back in the discussion. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself until I see him.

Nice to see him back. In his first outing, he walked 3 of the 4 batters he faced, then the pitcher who followed him allowed all three runs to score. ERA: 81.00. He has fared better since then. I'd love to see him back on the radar screen. What a long haul for this 2005 draftee who was 17 when we drafted him and he dominated at Bluefield/Aberdeen.

Nice to see him back. In his first outing, he walked 3 of the 4 batters he faced, then the pitcher who followed him allowed all three runs to score. ERA: 81.00. He has fared better since then. I'd love to see him back on the radar screen. What a long haul for this 2005 draftee who was 17 when we drafted him and he dominated at Bluefield/Aberdeen.

The closer of the future - for the O's or someone else?

I may be heading over to the park tomorrow night, so I'll try to get a word in with Brandon and check on how things are coming along with his rehab.

Here's today's Keys story from the News-Post with a couple quotes from Erbe:

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/sports/display.htm?StoryID=136153

Thanks Adam! Will you be reporting on the Dylan Bundy maelstrom also?

Thanks Adam! Will you be reporting on the Dylan Bundy maelstrom also?

Didn't get a chance to talk with Erbe the other night, but I also hear and can report he is back and throwing gas again in the mid-90's. If he can locate it, there's another good arm in the pen that needs to be challenged at higher levels. Will see if I can get ahold of him later in the week.

Also, five K's tonight in two innings of work.

This is great news and it's nice to see his name back in the box scores. However, I agree with Tony, I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves. He's thrown a total of 8.2 inning thus far in the last two season. He hasn't had an ERA under 5.74 since 2009, when he had that great year at Bowie. Let's watch him perform and, hopefully, dominate for an extended period of time before we worry about putting him on the 40-man roster or annointing him a our future closer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived