Yankees have acquired Ichiro Suzuki

Greg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know it is 2012?

Good move by the Yankees to pick up an apparently finished player. I hope they make a couple more moves like this for the stretch.

His OPS the last two seasons is under 650.

I know...but watch Ichiro suddenly tear it up in his new surroundings.

You do know it is 2012?

Good move by the Yankees to pick up an apparently finished player. I hope they make a couple more moves like this for the stretch.

His OPS the last two seasons is under 650.

He's still an out-of-this-world fielder, and he can easily get hot and/or lucky at the plate for two months.

Great move by the Yanks.

Ichiro's 1.8 WAR would rank 3rd for position players on the O's.

I like the move, if anything can get Ichiro going, it is playing for a first place team. This is the kind of move you expect to see in August, an overpaid, over the hill veteran traded for two 25-year-old minor leaguers.

If anything was going to get Ichiro going it was getting 3K hits in MLB.

That didn't do it.

I like the move, if anything can get Ichiro going, it is playing for a first place team. This is the kind of move you expect to see in August, an overpaid, over the hill veteran traded for two 25-year-old minor leaguers.

Though I do feel a little sorry for the minor leaguers who thought they might someday play for the Yankees, and instead have a chance of playing for...the Mariners. (Actually, I don't feel so bad. This can only give them a better chance of making the Big Leagues (e.g. Brandon Fahey...or Luis Hernandez)!

He's still an out-of-this-world fielder, and he can easily get hot and/or lucky at the plate for two months.

Great move by the Yanks.

Ichiro's 1.8 WAR would rank 3rd for position players on the O's.

That is why he didn't win the FB or GG last season.

Ichiro's age caught up to him in a big way last season.

If anything was going to get Ichiro going it was getting 3K hits in MLB.

That didn't do it.

I really think the change of scenery (and position in the standings) may do him good. Ichiro hasn't been to the playoffs since his first season in Seattle, he has often been one of the only decent players on the Mariners, that has to grind on a guy.

Archived